The User Experience (UX) Group at Cogneto has an opening for a User Experience Designer at its office in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Cogneto is a UK-based company creating cutting-edge security technologies for financial, commercial, and defense markets. Cogneto was named one of Network World's â€œTop Ten Security Companies to Watchâ€ for 2007.
The User Experience Designer reports to the Director of User Experience and is responsible for carrying out user interface design and prototyping activities using user-centered design principles. This position needs someone who is creative and passionate about designing security technologies that are fun, simple, and easy-to-use!
- Produce design and UX specifications, process flows, storyboards, scenarios, and design prototypes for Cogneto products.
- Create, evaluate, and modify low-fidelity prototypes using Adobe Flash to support the development process.
- Translate usability findings into product improvements and use case requirements for revisions to Cogneto products.
- Participate in the creation of user personas, use cases, information architecture wireframes, interaction models, task models, prototypes, and feature lists.
- Work with our international teams to incorporate user + market research, usability test findings, and input from field teams into UX specifications for upcoming products.
- Communicate conceptual ideas, design details, and design rationale in verbal and visual forms, including informal sketches and static storyboards.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Interaction Design, Ergonomics, Information Architecture or a related subject.
- Working knowledge of user interface design standards and best practices, including rapid prototyping, iterative design, and other user-centered design practices.
- Must be proficient and very comfortable with Adobe Flash, MS Visio, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and MS Office. Working experience with Mac-based tools including Omnigraffle and Apple Pages is a plus.
- Comfortable working in a demanding, fast-paced working environment.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Professional experience designing user interfaces for the desktop and Web.
- Experience with security, authentication, or PKI systems.
Please send your resume and a portfolio of your previous design work to [email protected] with the subject line: â€œPosition: UX Designer.â€