p. Ranked second on Profit Magazine's Top 100 fastest growing companies list and as one of North America's fastest growing technology companies on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Workbrain develops innovative Web-based workforce management software. Workbrain is the only provider of Total Workforce Management that helps organizations plan, deploy, and manage their workforce to reduce costs, increase sales, and boost employee satisfaction. Clients such as British Airways, General Mills, Target Corporation, and Lifespan chose Workbrain’s industry-focused workforce management solutions to integrate workforce planning, labor forecasting, workforce scheduling, time and attendance, and workforce analytics on a single, web-based platform. For more information, please visit www.workbrain.com.
Workbrain is seeking a talented User Interface Designer / Developer who will build user interface design concepts and prototypes for Workbrain's next-generation of applications. Successful candidates will become key members of a rapidly-expanding product usability team that is focused on deploying innovative products that maximize ease-of-use for a wide range of end-users.
The UI Web Designer / Developer works on various project teams to build prototype user interface designs for usability testing, client review and sales demonstrations, as well as serve as a knowledge resource for the latest trends and technologies for web- and standards-based user interface development. You will work to actively assist in improving the usability, usefulness, and desirability of Workbrain's applications in collaboration with Workbrain's Product Managers, Development teams and Sales Consultants.
- Work closely with usability team members, product managers, development teams and other internal stakeholders to build storyboards, proof-of-concept mockups, demos and prototypes of proposed and planned Workbrain applications and features.
- Collaborate in the definition of user interface design standards for Workbrain applications, to optimize ease-of-use and achieve an integrated and consistent look and feel.
- Conduct ongoing research of web-based user interface development best practices.
- 3 years of experience in web design / development, with specific expertise with web-based applications
- Knowledge of usability and coding practices for accessibility
- Strong web graphics production capability and practioner experience with Flash, Visio and other mockup tools
- Experience with methodologies such as Iterative development , Agile, RUP, and Lean
- Creative approach to problem solving, innovation and issue resolution
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate actively and proactively with others in a cross-functional team
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, verbally and as a presenter
- Self-motivated and self-managed with a high degree of analytical ability and intellectual curiosity
- Strong attention to detail, and a commitment to delivering highly-polished web-based prototypes under tight time constraints
We thank all interested candidates for applying; however we will only be contacting those individuals we wish to interview.