Originally from http://www.uniserve.com/?page=about/careers/vancouver#mcomm
One of Canada’s largest independent communications companies, Uniserve Communications Corporation optimizes technology by placing it second to human contact.
Uniserve delivers a wide range of communications services to 110,000 businesses and consumers across Canada. Uniserve offers voice and data solutions including dialup and high speed Internet access on multiple platforms, long distance, fax-to-email, Internet phone, and web hosting services, all supported by award-winning service centres located in Vancouver, Edmonton and Montreal.
The passionately dedicated Uniserve team spares no effort to give shape to its mission: to engage, inspire and empower people and communities with innovative and well-designed products and services which tap into the power of networks.
Working from the Vancouver office and reporting to the Marketing Director, the Marketing Communications Manager will be responsible for creating and implementing consumer marketing programs using both traditional and online media. Working closely with Product Managers and other key internal staff, the successful candidate will assess market opportunities, conduct research to understand customer needs, write marketing and communications plans, manage implementation, take responsibility for project management to meet critical deadlines, and evaluate campaign effectiveness.
A team player, the Marketing Communications Manager will be a self-starter with a results-oriented approach and 'can do' attitude. The successful candidate will have excellent writing skills as well as a proven track record in creating and implementing successful marketing programs. Able to think strategically and execute on a tactical basis, he or she will demonstrate a strong sense of personal integrity and a commitment to excellence.
- Participate as a key member of the team launching consumer products
- Create marketing and communications plans
- Coordinate market research activities
- Create campaign calendar, coordinate promotional activities and follow up on tactical implementation
- Create marketing briefs and direct the activities of advertising agencies
- Manage customer communication, via invoices, email, the IVR system, etc.;
- Manage and write website content
- Coordinate information flow between the Call Centers, other departments and the webmaster regarding any change, promos, new products, processes, etc.;
- Produce market and positioning analysis
- Manage the files and archiving the various communication pieces on the team shared server.
- Degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- 3-5 years of relevant experience with a proven track record in achieving results
- Experience in the telecommunications industry â€“ an asset.
- Experience in professional writing in traditional media and online â€“ essential.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Familiarity with online media and knowledge of Internet marketing trends
- Well organized; detail-oriented;
- Understanding of media planning and public relations;
- Proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- English required with French language skills a definite asset
At Uniserve, you have the chance to work together with a great team of dedicated people and to have a high level of responsibility in an exciting and challenging business. We are looking forward to your application!
We offer equal employment opportunities.
To apply for this position, please send a letter of intent along with your cv to [email protected].
Thank you for your application, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted.