TransCanada requires an User Experience Specialist for an enterprise-wide web content management project. The User Experience Specialist will lead the analysis and information re-architecture of existing websites, providing content organization, navigation, user experience, design and process expertise. He/she will work with a core web team and other business stakeholders to perform the necessary User Experience tasks to complete the project objectives and requirements.
This position requires a passionate usability expert who is familiar with the latest tools and techniques in website development and usability. This person will lead the charge in aligning user and business goals in the new website architecture.
Contract Basis for 9-12 months.
The responsibilities are:
- creating standards, tools and best practices for documenting existing web sites, specifically developing site maps and content audits, and identifying recurring patterns of page layout and navigational structure
- providing expertise in developing user personas, wireframes and pageflow processes for improved content organization and site navigation of websites
- participating and contributing to web governance best practices
- Collaborating with project team members and clients to develop organizational/structural concepts for Web site projects
- consulting with team members and stakeholders to review User Experience deliverables and receive feedback for revision cycles on User Experience deliverables
- training team members and stakeholders on tools and best practices for an User Experience Specialist role
This position requires:
- proven understanding of and experience with: website user-centered design techniques; development of organizational/structural concepts; project processes for the development of large scale website projects; documentation requirements for web development teams; application of content management, personalization, targeting and searching systems
- at least three years’ related industry experience in new media, information technology, communications, or library/information science
- effective communication skills, both orally and in a variety of written and diagrammatic forms
- ability to work well with other web team members and stakeholders on website design, usability and content organization
- high proficiency in the use of MS Office, Visio and Internet browsers
- thorough, detail-oriented and highly organized, plus ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- experience applying research and analysis to site development
- ability to transfer a significant subset of User Experience Specialist skills to other team members
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume by e-mail, post or fax. Please include the reference number for the position in the subject field of your e-mail or cover letter.
Although your opportunities for employment are greater for advertised positions, we do accept unsolicited resumes. All resumes are kept on file for three months.
Thank you for considering a career with TransCanada.