Exciting technology, growth opportunity and a dynamic environment.
Lafarge is the global leader in construction materials and a $20B worldwide organization based out of Paris, France situated in 77 countries and employees 88,000 people worldwide. Lafarge North America holds the largest presence of Lafarge global and is a $5.5B organization on its own.
Being one of the most sustainable corporations in the world, we are currently expanding our large-scale Corporate Infrastructure and I.T. Services Center in Mississauga and are looking for professionals who enjoy the challenge of a dynamic environment of which can give the opportunity to drive your career path within the corporation in any direction imaginable to any level chosen.
Visit www.lafargenorthamerica.com and learn more about who we are and what we do. Our global site is located at www.lafarge.com. Develop and build your career with Lafarge today!
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
- Web Content development and input into WebSphere Portal Web Content Management tool
- Web Site specific developments
- Will work embedded into larger project get and drive user interface
- Prepares mock-ups for project definition
- Develops DHTML
- Can go into JSP/ ASP to perform changes to impact web user interface
- Works with other members of the team on the development and maintenance Mercury testing scripts and procedures for Internet applications
- Works with vendors to deliver application enhancements
- Promotes the growth and standardization of Internet Technology applications
Travel requirement: 15% – could be more during projects
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor degree in information technology or a related field
- 3 or more years of development experience
- 2 or more years practical experience Internet Technology projects
- Prior experience working in a large multinational corporation would be an asset
Knowledge and Skills
- Creative, Problem Solver, ability to stay on top of technology advancements
- Effective communicator (verbal, active listening, facilitation, written)
- Excellent negotiator capable of understanding multiple points of views.
- Capable of driving the organization towards consensus
- Strong conflict resolution skills and able to effectively deliver feedback and guidance to others
- Team player, resolution focused, and customer service oriented
- Strong ability to understand how to leverage technology to meet business needs
- Web design experience and flair
- In depth knowledge of DHTML, and browser variations
- Web Content management tools
- Nice to have WebSphere Workplace Web Content Management experience
- JSP, ASP
- Excellent understanding of the HTTP protocol and performance related to front-end rendering decisions.
For immediate consideration, please send a formatted and updated resume with the position’s exact title in the subject line to [email protected]. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. No agencies please.