The ME Solution Creation and Delivery department in Vancouver has an opening for a fixed term 11-12 month contract Human Factors position.
This position will conduct usability studies for highly user-friendly applications for Nokia’s next-generation wireless handheld devices.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with UE designers, Product Management, and Roadmapping teams to assess usability needs. Design and plan usability studies accordingly, drawing from a range of usability heuristics and methodologies, including surveys, focus groups, cognitive walkthroughs, and laboratory-based usability testing.
- Coordinating and facilitating all phases of usability study preparation, including recruiting, scheduling, questionnaire development, and scenario scripting.
- Analyzing usability data and communicate results in the form of presentations and reports with quick turn-around time.
- Presenting findings with actionable recommendations, working with UE team members to help prioritize and recommendations into feasible solutions.
- Contributing to a highly collaborative and enthusiastic team of usability and Human Factors professionals, dedicated to representing the needs of end users while producing cutting-edge products.
Specifically, this position requires studying user interface concepts to design features for smart/mobile phones. Candidates must have effective verbal and written communication skills and experience working with people from varied disciplines (marketing, software engineers, localizers, etc.).
- Understanding of user-centered design
- Expert knowledge in usability engineering methodologies
- Proven laboratory, interview, and observation skills
- Strong experimental & statistical design skills
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to create effective technical documentation
- 4+ years industry experience in User Interface Design
- MA/MS degree in: Human Factors Engineering, Applied Cognitive Psychology, Industrial Design, Computer Science or a related discipline.
The ideal candidate would possess one or more of the following:
- Passion for multimedia consumption and the mobile technology that enables it
- Experience with Series 60 platform UI feature specifications
UI features on devices with small screens and / or limited input mechanisms
- Cellular network systems
- Documentation control
- Understanding of UI issues across wireless networks (CDMA/GSM)
- Prototyping skills.
To apply, please visit the Canada/Vancouver section of our careers website at www.nokia.com/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.