Digital Dispatch Systems (DDS) is a global provider of advanced wireless mobile data dispatching systems. We specialize in the design, development and deployment of fleet management systems for real-time dispatching, vehicle location and tracking and computerized routing and scheduling.
As a member of the eFleet Applications group, you would work be responsible for design and development of our Web based fleet management, and wireless dispatching solutions. Our web based ASP platforms provide dispatching, and fleet management services integrated with Digital Dispatch's wireless devices and telematics products, for customers in the trucking and service industries.
As an experienced developer, you will leverage your knowledge of robust, multi-tired web systems to design and architect scalable, distributed applications, using Java/J2EE technologies and Oracle databases. The successful applicant must possess strong technical leadership abilities, with at least 5 years of related experience. Experience with wireless technologies including WML, WAP/WAP Push, GPRS, CDMA or other communication protocols would be a strong asset.
Responsibilities would include design and architecture of current web platforms, expanding current systems to support new markets and new technologies. Tasks may involve requirements analysis, providing technical leadership to development teams, feature design, and code implementation. You will have excellent communications skills, as needed to work with other departments and development staff at our international offices. You would be willing to work in a dynamic environment, able to adapt to multiple tasks, and changing priorities.
- University Graduate (B.Sc), in computer science or equivalent program
Required Skills / Attributes
- Experience with multi-tiered application development, application servers, load balancing
- Understanding of software development processes, including OO Design
- Understanding of database schemas, SQL/RDBMS, JDBC
- Strong problem solving skills and technical leaderships
- Ability to work well on both individual and team projects.
Any of the following skills may be an asset:
- Experience in web design including HTML, CSS
- Experience with Eclipse IDE
- Experience with open source web technologies such as Apache / Tomcat / Velocity
- Experience with Oracle 9i/10g,
- Experience with WAP/WML, SMS/ WAP PUSH and other wireless communication methods.
- EJB or another Object/Relational mapping framework such as TopLink, Hibernate
- Understanding of Ajax, Web 2.0 concepts.
Please email your resume to: [email protected] and reference the job title in the subject line.