Originally from Workopolis
Position Level: CP2
This position, reporting to the Associate Director, iTV Development will be responsible for the design, development, maintenance and support of interactive television applications. The iTV Designer/Developer will work on a number of projects using a variety of development tools on various platforms, in a fast paced dynamic environment. As well, the Designer/Developer will ensure compliance with departmental standards and practices.
Responsibilities will include
- Design and prototype interactive applications based on business requirements
- Design and maintain technical system requirements based on business needs.
- Develop interactive applications based on approved specifications and prototypes
- Develop, test, debug and maintain application code.
- Develop, update and maintain technical documentation.
- Five (5) years experience in a progressive and diverse development/production environment as a senior developer / designer on a number of successful projects in the iTV or web environment.
- Previous exposure to full life cycle systems development.
- Experience in a production or departmental support role would be an asset.
Skills and Knowledge
- Advanced, creative graphic design skills in Photoshop, Flash, Director, and Premiere.
- Good understanding of remote-based TV navigation and customer-focused design and usability principles
- Excellent problem solving abilities with minimal supervision.
- Results-oriented professional with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to maintain relationships with vendors and customers.
- Ability to conduct research, ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and modify highly complex software products independently, as well as work in a team.
- Understanding of XML data driven applications.
- Knowledge of OpenTV SDK would be an asset.