Electronic Arts is the world’s leading independent developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software for advanced entertainment systems such as the PlayStationÂ®3, PlayStationÂ®2 computer entertainment system, the PSP (PlayStationÂ® Portable) system, Xbox 360Â® video game system from Microsoft, NintendoÂ® Wii, NintendoÂ® GameCube, Game BoyÂ® Advance and the NintendoÂ® DS as well as PC.
EA has been a leader in its field since the company was founded in 1982. Since its inception, EA has been a creative leader, and today, the company continues to innovate and improve interactive gaming. EA’s portfolio includes Madden NFL, FIFA Soccer, NBA Live, Need For Speed, The Sims, and Burnout franchises, as well as key Hollywood licenses for games based on The Lord of The Rings, Harry Potter, and The Godfather properties.
What is EATech?
The EATech department in Burnaby develops SDKs and applications used by programmers and animators on game teams to develop the best games on the market. EATech is a central technology group providing cross platform technologies, expertise and support to EA game teams world wide. EATech consists of the following teams: Animation, Audio, Movies and Infrastructure. Working at EATech allows you to:
- Impact many games, not just one.
- Be the first to work on the new consoles and SDK?s.
- Work with industry leaders on leading edge technology.
- Create well designed, documented and tested solutions that will be
used by many people.
- Have a good work/life balance.
Purpose of the Role
The User Interface Architect is responsible for the overall usability of EA’s internally developed animation tool. In this role, you must be able to understand end-user workflows and design user interfaces that are intuitive and optimize workflow. We are looking for someone who is passionate about user-centered design and usability in general, with the ability to create both compelling concepts and work through complex details. You should have experience working in collaborative environments, integrating user-centered design, technology, and business strategy, and managing clients. You enjoy working independently, taking initiative, and innovating.
- Create interaction flows, screen wire frames and mockups.
- Review and provide feedback on UI designs and implementation with a view to usability and user requirements.
- Interface with internal stakeholders across the organization to
present designs and gather feedback.
- Plan, facilitate, and conduct usability testing, research and studies as appropriate.
- Work closely with product managers, developers and other internal stakeholders throughout the product design process.
- Create and maintain detailed UI Style and Design documentation.
- Be an evangelist for product usability throughout the organization.
- Ownership of usability for the animation tool.
- Work in close collaboration with internal customers and teams to develop strategies that address product content and overall user experience design for EA’s animation tool.
- Ensure user requirements are sufficiently understood to develop UI and workflow designs.
Required Technical Skills and Experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with diagrams, in writing,
verbally and as a presenter.
- Ability to articulate business strategy and branding issues, and to balance these with user needs and technological constraints.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and the ability to work constructively with engineering and artistic teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage clients, communicate persuasively, and resolve issues.
- Proven ability to problem solve a technology between scheduled time constraints and dealing with changes.
- A passion for details.
- Knowledge of Adobe products, MS Visio, MS Word, and MS Excel.
- Degree or diploma in a related discipline such as Human Computer Interaction, Graphic Design or User Experience Design is an asset.
- Previous experience translating design ideas into workflows in the design of information systems.
Required Non-Technical Skills
- Keen interest in User Centered Design and practices.
How to apply
Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]