The Information Architect will be responsible for designing video game user interfaces that are intuitive and straightforward from an end user perspective. We are looking for a practical-minded perfectionist with the ability to create both compelling concepts and work through complex details. You should have experience working in collaborative environments, integrating user-centered design, technology, and business strategy, and managing clients. You should enjoy working independently, taking initiative, and innovating.
- Work in close collaboration with internal customers and teams to develop strategies including addressing product content, brand and overall user experience design for all aspects of a video game.
- Create interaction flows, screen wire frames and mockups.
- Review and provide feedback on UI designs with a view to usability and feature requirements.
- Interface with internal stakeholders across the organization to present designs and gather feedback.
- Plan, and facilitate usability testing, research and studies as appropriate.
- Work closely with product managers, developers and other internal stakeholders throughout the product design process.
- Create and maintain detailed UI Style, Architecture and Game Design documentation.
- Be an evangelist for product usability throughout the organization.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with diagrams, in writing, verbally and as a presenter.
- Ability to articulate business strategy and branding issues, and to balance these with user needs and technological constraints.
- Previous experience translating design ideas into workflows in the design of information systems.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and the ability to work constructively with engineering and artistic teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage clients, communicate persuasively, and resolve issues
- Proven ability to problem solve within technology, scheduled time constraints and dealing with change management.
- Hands on experience playing video games on various platforms and a passion for details.
- Experience with Adobe products, MS Visio, MS Word, and MS Excel.
- Keen interest in User Centered Design and practices.
- Degree or diploma in a related discipline such as Human Computer Interaction, Graphic Design or User Experience Design is an asset.
Please apply directly to the EA website (job posting #13910): http://jobs.ea.com/