This is an opportunity to join the Bell Video Group at Bell ExpressVu in the role of Product Manager – Interactive Television.
The Bell Video Group at Bell ExpressVu is at the forefront of new product innovation for the consumer digital television market. Our mission is to build strategies, develop and deploy next generation services for Bell ExpressVu/IPTV that simplify and enhance the communication experiences of the Canadian consumer at home. The Bell Video Group creates value in the emerging digital television video market by leveraging Bell's satellite and broadband platforms and current ExpressVu Video assets and broadcast relationships. In so doing, we will provide Bell with a sustainable competitive advantage, protect core businesses and deliver new sources of revenue growth.
We are seeking an individual who will be responsible for:
- Developing interactive television content and service experiences targeted to Bell Video customers, as well as sustainable business models to support these initiatives
- Working with internal departments to generate cost savings and value added services, as well as with external partners to support the development of new revenue streams
- Support the interactive television team with product launches and business analysis
We require a senior-level candidate with excellent communication and team skills, the ability to learn quickly, and a passion for innovation.
Reporting to the Associate Director â€“ Bell Video iTV, the Product Manager â€“ iTV will assist in the development and execution of iTV strategies and programmes. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop strategy and programme for iTV self-serve, interactive advertising, T-commerce, and select enhanced television (eTV) services. Includes writing business case and requirements as well as communicating the plan to executive and implementation teams
- Work with internal customer service departments and lead product development of self-service iTV applications and T-commerce back channel
- Create and manage relationships with external partners to support the development of new revenue streams from interactive advertising and enhanced television sponsorship
- Focus on enhancing customer usability and usage of self-serve applications and improving the iTV customer experience by monitoring and maintaining existing iTV services.
- Manage take-to-market activities within the iTV team by leading product launches (briefs, messaging, etc.) and reporting to ensure successful launch, promotion and adoption of iTV services.
The ideal candidate has:
- Minimum 2 – 3 years experience at Bell Canada
- 3 – 5 years Product Management experience (focus on product development)
- Strong customer focus – customer champion with an ability to take the customer’s perspective and keep customer needs and opportunities at the forefront at all times
- Excellent team leadership skills â€“ demonstrated and proven leadership and excels at working in a cross-functional team environment
- Highly creative and analytical problem solver â€“ demonstrated marketing, analytical, technical, organizational and planning skills combined with strategic thinking
- Strong technical aptitude – demonstrated ability to learn and understand how new technologies can be used to address customer needs
- Passion for the entertainment industry – desire to work hard, have a lot of fun and an ability to take initiative and ‘get the job done’ with both speed and precision
- Solid business acumen – aptitude for numbers and able to make solid fact based recommendations
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- An independent self-starter
- Strong commitment to delivery and deadlines
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks concurrently
- Organized, confident, innovative
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel
- Experience in customer service systems and processes
- Experience in television advertising and/or media buying
- Experience with business development and with negotiation, contract creation
- Experience working with & directing outside vendors, suppliers and partners
- Experience in the Satellite, Internet, Video and Broadband Home businesses
Date Candidate Required: January 2007
Application Deadline: january 5, 2007
Job Location (city): Toronto, 100 Wynford Dr.
If you can not apply on-line, please submit your application indicating the position reference number to:
Division Name: Bell Video Group, Bell ExpressVu
Dept. Contact Name: Glenn [email protected]
The masculine and feminine used in this job offer refer equally to employees of both sexes and in no way represent a particular distinction based on gender. Bell is an equal opportunity employer.