Position Type: Full Time
Salary: $32,000 – $35,000
About the Centre for Social Innovation
The Centre for Social Innovation is a hub for Toronto's
nonprofit and social sector â€“ a place where innovative individuals and organizations come
together to ignite and advance new ideas that can, and are, changing the world!
We do this by creating and offering workspace, shared services, innovative programming and
incubation support to social innovators and their projects. In partnership with Urbanspace
Property Group, the Centre for Social Innovation will expand its current collocation facility from
6,000 sq ft to 17,000 sq ft. Working together, we will continue to reduce costs, increase access
to services and space, and build networks and support for the work of Toronto's social sector.
About the Centre for Social Innovation's Community Host & Animator
The community animator is part host, part office manager, part receptionist, part event organizer,
part triage nurse, part social networker and full-time agent for change!!
We seek an extraordinary individual who brings solid communication skills, superior
organizational skills, strong customer-service orientation and a positive attitude to a demanding
and dynamic work environment. The Community Animator will report to the Executive Director
and will be responsible for handling the day-to-day reception, administration and management of
the new fourth floor space.
The Work Responsibilities
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations to ensure that the tenants and visitors are happy;
- Write email campaigns, newsletters, blogs and stories as part of the overall CSI
- Liaise and negotiate with customers and vendors;
- Trouble-shoot technical and administrative (and interpersonal!) problems;
- Ensure that all of the shared amenities and equipment are operating;
- Act as reception and provide front-line communications with those interested in the work
of the Centre;
- Coordinate and work with the building staff and owner;
- Schedule, organize and support internal and external meetings and events at the Centre;
- Manage the billing system and associated software;
- Fill coffee, empty dishwashers and clean up spills;
- Provide administrative support to the CSI team;
- Set up boardroom as needed (it can get physical)
- Other duties as required.
The Fun Responsibilities
- Connecting people and ideas
- Brightening people's days
- Building social networks
- Capturing and telling stories
- Creating a culture of openness and sharing
The ideal candidate will have:
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- People skills and sensitivity to people's needs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Capacity to handle a million things
- Enthusiasm and energy
- Sound judgment and comfort working autonomously
- A low-stress attitude in a complex environment
- Familiarity with â€“ and keen interest in â€“ Toronto's social mission sector
- Website/newsletter writing experience a bonus!
- Willingness to do whatever it takes…Zero attitude!!
You must also have a great sense of humour â€“ seriously, you will need a great sense of humour
because inevitably something will go wrong.
This position offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to be part of a new concept in
workspace for the social mission sector, meeting tons of amazing people and applying your skills
to positive social change throughout the city.
We are seeking someone who recognizes the value of this role and understands how convening
community contributes to social change!
We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly support applications from diverse
backgrounds and communities.
Submit your cover letter and resume by Friday, January 5, 2007 to:
Centre for Social Innovation
215 Spadina Ave, Suite 120
Toronto, ON M5T 2C7
For more information about the Centre for Social Innovation visit: www.socialinnovation.ca.