The project manager is the focal point for all aspects of one or multiple software development projects. S/he uses her experience and knowledge to manage the complete software development lifecycle.
Your ability to understand and manage towards your big picture goals and objectives while remaining focused on the important details of each customer’s specific solution and success criteria is an asset.
The successful applicant will have demonstrated expertise in conceptualizing, articulating, specifying and managing the development of software solutions to address specific business problems at our customers.
Demonstrated ability to provide man-management to a multi-disciplined development team for the duration of a project is a must. The project manager will need to manage, guide, mentor and support a wide range of software professionals including business analysts, architects, team leaders, software developers, user-experience experts, testers and network operations personnel.
As a project manager within the Navantis PMO, you will be responsible for managing one or more projects concurrently with a total value of 500k-1 million. You will engage the client from project handover from sales during project inception, elaboration, construction through transition and initial live support. Projects are implemented using RUP and the latest Microsoft technologies and toolsets.
Duties of the Project Manager
Your duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Managing a multi-disciplinary development team through the RUP development lifecycle
- Working with Business Analysts and Architects to finalize the solution for the client
- Customer interaction and communications
- Development team man-management and communications
- Project planning and scheduling
- Project estimating, risk management and scope management
- Monitoring quality and cost
- Participation in pre-sales activities together with account managers (may include contributing to RFP responses, sales presentations, etc.)
Your Skills and Qualifications
Active management of the following software development methods and the software development lifecycle may include one or more of the following:
- A strong grounding in the waterfall method of software development
- Unified Process (including UML skills)
- Ability to estimate software projects
Your soft skills will include (but are not limited to):
- Superior customer skills, including excellent verbal and written communications
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Patience and a friendly, positive disposition
- The ability to act consistently, proactively and expeditiously
- The ability to multitask (multiple projects and/or multiple projects)
- Foresight in anticipating risks and the ability to develop mitigation strategies
- The ability to solve problems in an analytical fashion
Your experience and qualifications will include (but are not limited to):
- 5-7 years of experience working in software development with a background in one of the software development disciplines (Business Analysis, Development, Testing, Web Designer etc.)
- 3-5 years of experience (minimum) in project management for an IT/software services firm or major IT department, some of which is in a PMO setting
- Experience managing full lifecycle projects, from initial requirements through post release support
- PMP certification or equivalent experience
- A relevant university degree or college diploma in Computer Science or related major
- A background in project management or software architecture, with the demonstrated ability to lead a software development team
Your knowledge of, and experience with, the following technologies and platforms in a real project context would be an asset (but is not required):
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server (2001 through current versions)
- Microsoft Commerce Server (2000 through current versions)
- Microsoft Content Management Server (2001 through current versions)
- Microsoft BizTalk Server
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project
Apply Today! Email your current resume in Microsoft Word format to [email protected].