The Product Manager is responsible for managing the life cycle of Fincentric’s products and, therefore, must have a strong background in financial product management with a proven track record for successfully defining and bringing to market financial applications. The Product Manager must identify and drive strategic initiatives, define market and product requirements, and manage product implementation. The Product Manager is directly responsible for the supervision of development and quality assurance personnel who are involved in the overall development of the Fincentric Wealthview product set, and responsible for the overall delivery of the individual application releases as per agreed scheduling with Fincentric management.
Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct market research.
- Visit customers, prospects and partners to determine their business needs;
- Collect and translate those needs into product requirements;
- Provide guidance to application developers on product functionality;
- Develop comprehensive functional and technical design documents for product enhancements;
- Perform tests on enhancements, patches or new release builds to ensure that new product features adhere to the functional and user interface designs;
- Provide support or mentoring to other disciplines in Product Development and Fincentric on banking systems features and processes as required;
- Create and distribute ad hoc reports for internal & external customers;
- Research regulatory requirements as needed;
- Get estimates from R&D as to the feasibility of fulfilling those requirements. Get time and cost estimates from R&D.
- Get time and cost estimates from QA re testing requirements.
- Develop and communicate product roadmaps for the business cases EMT approves.
- Work with Product Release Managers to establish timelines, dependencies and resources required to release products on the roadmap.
- Define, in collaboration with R&D and other stakeholders, the human interface design of the products.
- Meet with customers and partners, iteratively, to determine whether the product design under development actually meets their business needs.
- Inform Product Marketing and Marketing Communications of product features and competitive positioning.
- Review final advertising and lead generation materials.
- Position the products for all markets and all buyers.
- Support Customer Advisory Group efforts.
- Responsibility for management of banking product analysts and software testers within the product group and provide them with an environment in which they can succeed in their job
- Communicate both corporate and P&S senior management objectives to the product analysts
- Other duties, responsibilities, projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong business analysis skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with the ability to motivate others.
- Strong team player and contributor.
- Self motivated and directed.
- Knowledge of Microsoft platform.
- Passionate about products.
- Good customer relationship skills
- Be responsible and professional
- Good people management skills with the ability to bring together viewpoints from different perspectives
- Have good organizational, administrative, and supervisory skills
- Working knowledge of MS Windows Office applications as tools for managing and presenting information
- Have expertise with respect to the product’s market requirements, business value, and competitive landscape in order to provide product direction
- Innovative and entrepreneurial, looking always to solve problems
Credentials and Experience
- Minimum seven years experience in the financial services and software industry.
- Minimum five years experience in product management, software development, software services, sales, project management, or product related field work
- Experience in managing customer relationships in financial services.
- Demonstrated the ability to meet deadlines.
- Previous supervisory/team lead role on a technical project.
- Undergraduate degree in Business or Technically related area is recommended, though candidates with equivalent work experience is acceptable
- Some international travel will be required.
Please quote: Product Manager, (IBS) Job #2006-22
Fincentric is committed to employment equity objectives, and invites applications from all qualified individuals. When submitting applications by email, please:
- Include a cover letter that tells us how your qualifications match our needs
- Attach a copy of your resume in MS Word or Adobe format
- Identify the position you are applying by quoting the Job # in the subject box
Email: [email protected]
13571 Commerce Parkway, Suite 200
Richmond, BC, V6V 2R2
ATTN: IT Recruiter