The Software Research Developer will be part of the AudienceView Software technical research team with responsibilities to research, develop and prototype new product ideas aligned with the company’s vision and strategy and to provide technical expertise to other departments in the company. This role requires solid professional experience in a comparable technology development environment in the online space.
- Work as part of a development team to analyze the business requirements and propose an appropriate functional and technical solutions
- Research and create new features/applications/services according to company strategies
- Assure business process functional, performance, and security requirements have been adequately addressed through software design
- Identify major technical risk areas, and develop appropriate mitigation strategies and contingency plans
- Work with team members to ensure high quality through code-reviews and walkthroughs
- Work with the CTO in achieving the architectural direction
- Work within defined software development process to ensure product specifications are met
- Work with project managers to provide software development effort estimates
- Develop and demonstrate innovative uses for Company products
- Create demonstrations for pre-sales and tradeshows
- Evaluate data, summarize and draw conclusions
- Prepare written analyses of research, and present to cross functional business groups
- Educate and train internal staff members on relevant findings, tools and sources of information
- Organize and maintain collection of all data and development in online prototypes database
- Assist the VP of Product Marketing with primary research projects
- Competitive and comparative analysis against related products
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience software development and with exposure to software development, systems design and software architecture
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, MS preferred
- 5+ years experience on C++ language programming
- 2+ years XML/XSL
- 4+ years ASP/ASP.Net
- 4 + years DHTML
- Significant development experience with relational DBMS: Microsoft SQL (preferred)
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Present analytics and data in an easy-to-understand format; ability to deliver presentations to various groups and levels of internal Clients
- Successful contributor in a team work environment
- Self starter and capable of working with minimal supervision
- Creates repeatable, sustainable processes and drives continuous improvement within their processes
- Values and demonstrates creativity and innovation
- Working knowledge of business process and analytical tools / techniques
- Handles multiple tasks, switches priorities and focuses as needed
- Experience using software analysis tools including database, network and code execution
- Good analytical, mathematical and critical thinking abilities
- Solid understanding of the technology/ internet related industry
AudienceView Software Corporation is one of the fastest growing Toronto-based software development companies, specializing in Web-based ticketing, CRM and funds management software solutions for the sports, arts, theatre and live entertainment industries. Our success and our growth equate to excellent opportunities for our employees, allowing them to be continuously challenged with greater responsibility.
AudienceView has been tremendously successful, and we attribute our success to several factors: an amazing product, excellent service, a dedicated management team, solid vision, strong implementation, and great people. We’ve done a great job of attracting and retaining top talent in a hot market and if you join the team at AudienceView you will soon realize how much we value our employees.
If you are ready to become a key contributor and join one of the hottest, market-leading companies, then submit your resume to us today!
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] indicating the position applied for in the subject line.
We thank you for your application and apologize in advance for not contacting each applicant individually. Only those being considered for a position will be contacted.