Freeform Solutions is a not-for-profit technology assistance provider, serving medium and large not-for-profit organizations. As we grow our client base, we are seeking an experienced individual who is ready to make a commitment to helping not-for-profit organizations build a civil society.
We have a six month, full time, contract employment position open for a Web Developer, with the possibility of renewal after six months. Compensation will be pro-rated equivalent to $48,000 to $60,000 annually, depending on the experience and background of the successful applicant.
As part of our overall consulting services, we build websites for clients. Typically, these websites are internally facing and feature custom applications to handle processes unique to each organization. We are looking for someone who can take client needs and help build them into the features and services of such a website. The tools you build and maintain will be used every day by not-for-profits to help them serve the public better.
Freeform Solutions is a small organization where everyone contributes to the limits of their abilities, so the exact responsibilities of this position will depend on the background of the successful applicant; this is a job that will be shaped based on the skills you bring to the table. We strive to provide a rewarding and challenging environment for all staff.
We encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Freeform Solutions is committed to employment equity, however Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority.
The successful applicant will:
- Handle the full spectrum of website development tasks, from site design on paper to building new features
- Translate non-technical client needs into optimal technical solutions
- Communicate clearly and professionally with clients as projects unfold and requirements emerge or change
- Manage existing websites and applications, including making configuration changes and content updating as required
- Provide training to users
- Provide technical support to users
Skills and Experience
All applicants must meet all the following requirements:
- An understanding of and commitment to open source software
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English, especially writing detailed e-mails
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet deadlines and deliverables
- Experience providing support to users
- Good knowledge of all standard office software, ie: word processors, spreadsheets, e-mail readers, etc.
Applicants may wish to highlight the following preferred skills and experiences, in their applications:
- Experience with CMS/Portal packages (ie: XOOPS, Drupal, Mambo/Joomla, etc.)
- Experience with MySQL or another database
- Experience working in a virtual office environment (ie: from home)
- Experience providing training to users
- Experience dealing directly with clients to determine their needs
- Experience as a lead developer
- Experience as a graphic designer
- Experience as a project manager
Please apply by January 5, 2007. Send resume to [email protected]