Research In Motion Limited® (RIM)® is a world leader in the mobile communications market and has a history of developing breakthrough wireless solutions. RIM’s portfolio of award-winning products, services and embedded technologies is used by thousands of organizations around the world and includes the BlackBerryÂ® wireless platform, the RIM Wireless Handheldâ„¢ product line, software development tools and software/hardware licensing agreements. RIM is seeking driven individuals who can take our wireless data products to the next level in the global wireless market. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of mobile communications with RIM?
As a Interaction /User Interface Designer you will be responsible for the following activities:
- Conceptualize & design user interfaces, in some cases this includes incorporating the aspects of the hardware that exists as well. This will be done through the production of mockups, prototypes, storyboards and user interface design specifications.
- Identify requirements, develop user models, task flows, information architectures, document and maintain UI specifications and guidelines.
- Help to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and conduct all user interface design activities and deliverables.
- Support usability efforts throughout the standard development cycle, collaborating when needed with usability analysts to conduct necessary research.
- Identify the best design solutions by collaborating with product management and development to define product features and functionality.
- Present and promote your user interface designs & design recommendations to product management and development in a way that highlights the best of user experience.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction or related degree
- Solid visual design and interaction design skills
- A portfolio demonstrating experience in designing usable interfaces, this may be an online or printed portfolio
- Prepare a story with your examples that explains what design goals you had to achieve, the obstacles in your way and some of the thought process that got you to your final design
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience in GUI design, interaction design and visual design in a professional environment
* Minimum 1+ years experience designing applications for mobile devices
- Experience with User Centered Design (UCD) process and working collaboratively on teams
- Strong oral, written, presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to assess customer needs and design solutions
- Must be a self-starter with strong problem solving skills and switch rapidly between various projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio
- Desired Experience: MS in Human Computer Interaction or MFA in Interactive Design
- 2+ years mobile device interaction design experience
- Strong project management skills
If you’re driven to take wireless technologies to the next level, it’s time you join the team at RIM. We offer a challenging environment that fosters creativity and rewards excellence. Employees also have use of our award winning BlackBerry!