The role of the Lifestyle Product Manager is to develop, manage and grow the Yahoo! Canada Lifestyle property. This role will be best suited in to an individual who is passionate about the category, loves a good challenge, is resourceful and who can work both well with a team, independently and collaborate with others remotely. Reports to the Product Manager – Media.
The primary aim of the Lifestyle Product Manager will be to plan, develop, launch and maintain the lifestyle section for Yahoo! Canada. The primary objective of the site is to increase awareness and engagement of the lifestyle product within the Canadian market and Yahoo! Canada network.
This specialist will also be the prime for the development and maintenance of the Yahoo! Photos section of Yahoo! Canada in English and French. The primary objective of the site is to increase awareness of the photos services and provide clear user instructions for all services. They will also work closely with the Rogers Yahoo! Team.
The position includes performing a wide range of duties for the development of a lifestyle section for Yahoo! Canada. Duties would include the steps of product strategy, planning, implementation and release.
Candidate should have knowledge of procedures, process, and best practices of specific the online lifestyle market. Candidate should be able to multi-task a range of duties within a fast-paced, collaborative work environment. All candidates should be conversant in the lifestyle market and be highly motivated self-starters.
Candidate must demonstrate in-depth problem solving and highly developed collaborative project management skills. Candidate should have a track record of initiative – noticing and resolving inefficiencies, proposing changes, and implementing solutions as evidenced by project-specific work experience.
Evidence of depth of commitment to product innovation, a wide degree of creativity, and a positive attitude are highly desirable.
- Assess and create a strong lifestyle plan for launch coordinating with engineering and editorial
- Day-to-day management and operations of the lifestyle vertical, striving to ensure that we meet the needs of our users, our merchants/clients, and our strategic partners
- Support in the maintenance of an ongoing product roadmap and product schedule that supports business objectives, ensuring on-time and on-budget product launches
- Take responsibility for delivery, and ensure the project completes timely and with required functionality
- Work closely with other internationals to ensure non-duplication of effort across the region
- Generate new ideas to drive engagement
- Regular reporting on Web site traffic and usage as well as user experience
- Work with marketing and PR to increase depth of coverage of vertical
- 3-5 years online experience and experience in the online lifestyle industry and marketplace
- Experience with launching websites from planning to release – strong implementation skills
- Team player with the ability to work without supervision when needed and to act quickly under deadline
- Ability to develop product plans quickly and accurately with great attention to detail
- Collaborative and communicative work ethic
- Ability to achieve and provide key editorial value within a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines
- Mastery of web editing tools and software
- Proficient in good web practice and procedure
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to take initiative and effectively prioritize efforts
About Yahoo! Canada
Yahoo! Canada Co. is a leading Internet destination that provides online products and services to meet the needs of Canadians and offers a range of tools and marketing s