This is a Full Time position in our Toronto location. Applications are due by Friday, December 15, 2006 at 5:00 PM.
Our Senior Designer is an integral part of our growing team. You will be responsible for overseeing all creative produced by Radiant Core for web, print, and corporate identities. You feel at home in a self-directed team environment and love producing work that pleases both you and your clients. You are comfortable with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, XHTML and CSS, and are not adverse to building the occasional Macromedia Flash movie. You understand the importance of web standards and are often heard muttering about validation and cross-browser compliance testing. You love to love your job and are dedicated to making it that way.
Please note that this position requires a full time presence in our Toronto office.
You will work very closely with our Developers and Human Factors Specialist as a member of our Professional Services Team. You will, at first, provide all creative components of our engagements but are comfortable growing into a Creative Director role as we hire more designers.
- Three or more years experience designing and building standards-compliant websites (XHTML 1.0 Strict, CSS2.0) without the use of WYSIWYG editors as we hand-code our sites
- Experience in a client-service environment and an understanding of the politics of client work
- Expertise in design software and web tools (e.g.: Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Knowledge of cross-browser and cross-platform issues and workarounds
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a self-directed environment and a willingness to learn new things
- Bachelor degree or equivalent from a related program (Fine Arts, New Media, etc.)
It Would Be Great If You Had
- Portfolio of corporate identity design
- Print design experience
- Working knowledge of Macromedia Flash and ActionScript
- Familiarity with team development environments including CVS, etc.
- If you want to really impress us (and you know you do!), consider designing a CSS Zen Garden and submit the URL along with your portfolio.
This is a full-time position. Our competitive compensation package will be based on your experience level and will include a fixed salary and an opportunity to participate in our stock option plan. Additional benefits include flexible hours, relaxed working environment, prime downtown location, and the use of a shiny new MacBook Pro and a big Dell monitor.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, in an electronic format (e.g.: Microsoft Word, PDF), along with a link to your portfolio site, to [email protected]. Please reference job code DSN10 in your subject line.
Please note: applications without a link to a personal portfolio site will not be read. Portfolio sites must be built using XHTML/CSS (no Flash or tables for layout!), and must validate using the W3 XHTML and CSS Validators.