We are looking for a Senior or Intermediate Java Developer to join our full-time Professional Services Team. You will be work directly with our Vice President of Technology on both client and internal projects, including Foundation, our Website Management Platform. You work well as a member of a team, happily take direction from your Project Lead, and thrive in an environment where your creative problem solving skills are called on every day. You enjoy working in a fun office that you look forward to coming to every day but you appreciate the occasional chance to work from home. You love to love your job and are dedicated to making it that way.
You will work very closely with our Vice President of Technology and fellow Developers on project teams. You will also partner with our Human Factors Specialist and Designers on an as needed basis. You will be responsible for architecting, developing, and testing components, as well as providing general Quality Assurance skills.
- Two or more years experience building web applications in a Java Servlet environment
- Experience with Java Taglibs, particularly the JSTL
- Experience in a client-service environment and an understanding of the politics of client work
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a self-directed environment and a willingness to learn new things
- Bachelor degree or equivalent from a related program (Computer Science, etc.)
It Would Be Great If You Had
- Experience with use of CVS for codebase management
- Knowledge of cross-browser and cross-platform issues and workarounds
- Knowledge of XHTML 1.0 and CSS 2.0
- Familiarity with AJAX, especially the Yahoo! UI Library
This is a full-time position. Our competitive compensation package will be based on your experience level and will include a fixed salary and an opportunity to participate in our stock option plan. Additional benefits include flexible hours, relaxed working environment, prime downtown location, and the use of a shiny new Mac with a big Dell monitor.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, in an electronic format (e.g.: Microsoft Word, PDF) to [email protected]. Please reference job code DEV06 in your subject line. Applications will be accepted until 5pm on Friday, December 15th, 2006.