The primary responsibilities of this role are to ensure timely, relevant and accurate content on cnib.ca/inca.ca, coordinate the translation of all relevant web content, and provide ongoing oversight and support to content contributors across the organizations.
- Manages the development of English and French original web content, reflecting CNIB's mission, priorities, target user profiles and monthly editorial calendar.
- Liaises with both national and divisional internal content contributors to ensure high-quality and timely content updates in both French and English
- Works with national staff to publicize CNIB services and programs and maximize public education and fund development opportunities online
- Manages monthly web content editorial
- Oversees the translation and posting of all relevant French web content.
- Assists with the planning, development and marketing of online interactive vision health modules
- Assists with the development of e-marketing campaigns, including the creation, production and distribution of online advertising and email campaigns
- Supports major web projects, such as the development of new tools, large-scale redesigns, CMS software implementation, etc.
- Assists with the evaluation, implementation and staff support for software tools and systems related to the operation and maintenance of the public web presence
- Managed data reporting for monthly e-newsletter campaigns
- Produces in-house resources and information packages for web content contributors
Qualifications (Education, Training, Experience)
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Demonstrable research, writing and editing skills
- Online marketing experience with good understanding of e-commerce principles
- Knowledge of Canadian Press Style Guides
- Minimum 2 – 4 years relevant experience in web content management
- Excellent computer skills
- Familiarity with web-based applications
- Effective interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Occasional travel may be required.
SALARY RANGE: $19.80 to $23.29
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: December 22, 2006
Please send applications to [email protected]
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position. No phone calls please.
CNIB is a nationwide, community-based, registered charity committed to public education, research and the vision health of all Canadians. CNIB provides the services and support necessary to enjoy a good quality of life while living with vision loss. Visit www.cnib.ca or call 1-800-563-2642
CNIB: vision health. vision hope.