Job order – J1206-0186 – Full Time
Research In Motion LimitedÂ® (RIM)Â® is a world leader in the mobile communications market and has a history of developing breakthrough wireless solutions. RIM’s portfolio of award-winning products, services and embedded technologies is used by thousands of organizations around the world and includes the BlackBerryÂ® wireless platform, the RIM Wireless Handheldâ„¢ product line, software development tools and software/hardware licensing agreements. RIM is seeking driven individuals who can take our wireless data products to the next level in the global wireless market. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of mobile communications with RIM?
Research In Motion is currently seeking a Web Application Developer to join the Customer Support Operations Software Solutions Team. The Web Application Developer will be responsible for the development of applications for computer based training, XML content integration and dynamic content creation. The Web Application Developer will design, code, test, debug and create supporting documentation throughout the software development life cycle. A successful candidate must have the ability to manage multiple projects, learn new technologies, and provide accurate estimates of completion dates in a fast paced environment. Exemplary interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are a prerequisite for the Web Application Developer. Detail orientation, ensuring accuracy of information, objectivity and advanced research capabilities are also critically important.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science or related discipline
- 2+ years programming experience
- Proven Web Design skills
- Strong understanding of ASP.NET, VB.NET and .Net Framework
- Strong understanding of database concepts and design using Oracle, SQL Server and XML
- Familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Ability to adhere to corporate IT standards and branding guidelines
- Ability to identify problem areas and implement changes in a short period
- Ability to take general guidance for new assignments and existing functions and fill-in the details
- Exceptional organizational skills with the proven ability to multitask
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, or independently
- Strong drive to improve upon current processes and build new processes
- Enthusiastic and posses a positive attitude towards job, colleagues and company
- Knowledge of Java, JSP and PHP
- Experience with SCORM and AICC for communication with Learning Management Systems (LMS)
If you’re driven to take wireless technologies to the next level, it’s time you join the team at RIM. We offer a challenging environment that fosters creativity and rewards excellence. Employees also have use of our award winning BlackBerry!
©2005 Research In Motion Limited. All rights reserved. The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties of and trademarks or registered trademarks of Research In Motion Limited. The specifications and features contained in this document are subject to change without notice.