Sage Software has an immediate opening for a Director of Usability in our Richmond BC office.
The Director of Usability reports to the Vice President of Product Development and is a senior leader and key member of the R&D management team based in Richmond BC.
The Director of Usability is responsible for setting the vision, direction and implementation of usability in our software products. The Director manages the operation of the User Centered Design department, and closely coordinates activities with the other R&D departments including Development, QA and Project Management, as well Product Management.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Responsibility for the following teams that make up the User Centered Design Department:
- Usability Engineering and User Research
- User Assistance/Documentation
- Design Analysts
- Create a holistic strategy for addressing the usability of our software products encompassing the three teams above
- Set a specific vision and strategy for each of the teams
- Create development plans and timelines, including resource requirements, for implementing strategic initiatives
- Develop policies and procedures, as well as best practices for the department
- Build usability as a core competency within the R&D organization
- Manage day-to-day activities including enforcement of procedures across all teams
- Employee development:
- Recruit top quality skilled employees
- Train employees in their job functions
- Assist employees in creating their personal development plans
- Review and monitor the performance of employees and provide guidance to ensure they meet their job responsibilities and objectives
- Prioritize and schedule work for department employees
- Communicate company priorities, values and culture to the organization
- University degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 7-10 years experience in a role involved in software usability
- 5 years experience or more at a senior management level
- Strong leadership skills, a keen business sense and a focus on â€œadding valueâ€ to the organization
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Proven ability to assemble, lead, and strategize with cross functional employees
- High level of energy, organizational skills and customer focus
- A demonstrated track record in leading teams to achieve plan
- Creative and analytical strategic thinking process
- Must have a high level of initiative, strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Highly proactive, with demonstrated ability to â€œmake things happenâ€
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail while working in an environment that is subject to frequent interruptions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to work with and present to all levels of the organization
- Flexibility to address changing organization needs
- Ability to multi-task and handle complex projects and be able to deliver projects on time
- Ability to travel as necessary, consistent with corporate needs. Candidate must be able to travel into the United States and potentially Europe.
About Sage Software
Sage Software offers leading business management software and services that support the needs, challenges and dreams of more than 2.4 million small and mid-sized business customers in North America. Its parent company, The Sage Group plc (London: SGE.L), supports 4.5 million customers worldwide. For more than 25 years, Sage Software has delivered easy-to-use, scalable and customizable software for accounting, customer relationship management, human resources, time tracking and the specialized needs of accounting practices for the construction, distribution, manufacturing, nonprofit and real estate industries. For additional company or product information, please visit our website at www.sagesoftware.com.
We offer competitive wages and an outstanding benefits package. Sage Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, select Apply Now% and submit your resume.