The Information Architect will support CHUM Interactive (CityTV, MuchMusic, CHUM Ltd.) by working with the team to create internal and external deliverables including conceptual diagrams, site maps, interaction flows, storyboards, page/screen schematics/wireframes, content inventories, media-appropriate copy, and detailed functional specifications. The Information Architect will work in tandem with sales, creative, and development teams to ensure the quality and scalability of deliverables, with specific attention focused on synchronizing functional requirements to business objectives.
Nature and Scope/Principal Responsibilities
- Design the information architecture and user interface for internal and sales projects
- Work in close collaboration with clients and internal teams to develop initial strategy â€“ addressing product, brand, marketing, content, and overall user experience.
- Manage user research efforts including contextual interviews and usability testing
- Lead workshops and meetings
- Create internal and external deliverables including conceptual diagrams, site maps, interaction flows, storyboards, page/screen
schematics/wireframes, content inventories, media-appropriate copy, and detailed functional specifications
- Develop new types of deliverables, workshops, or presentations as necessary
- Collaborate with visual designers, technical developers, and project managers to generate superb design work and happy clients
- Direct the work of contractors
- Contribute to CHUM's positive internal atmosphere, quality of work, and growth into new fields or industries.
Knowledge, Skill, Experience and Minimum Education Required
- Minimum 3 years dedicated experience in Information Architecture and Interaction Design for web sites and web applications
- Experience conducting user research, including contextual inquiry and usability testing
- Superb writing and presentation skills
- An outstanding portfolio of detailed page schematics, functional specifications, interaction flows, site maps, navigation systems, and web-appropriate writing
- Ability to articulate business strategy and branding issues, and to balance these with user needs and technological constraints
- Demonstrated ability to manage clients, communicate persuasively, and resolve issues
- Experience working in small collaborative teams
- Familiarity with technical issues around web development and ability to work constructively with engineering teams
- Great attitude and ability to handle change
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, and solve problems proactively
- Creativity and attention to detail
- This is a full-time role.
- Expected to work on-site in the space provided.
- Occasional evenings and weekends may be required to meet project deadlines.
Please submit all resumes to: andre.gaulin [at] chumtv.com