Torstar Digital is looking for a fantastic web production designer to make a major impact in the next stage of our product development. Torstar Digital is a fast growing, entrepreneurial Internet division of Torstar that, among other things, is building a fantastic local web 2.0 application. We are looking for someone immediately as we have aspirations to launch a beta version of this web application in 8 weeks.
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who has the ability to work within a highly collaborative and cross-functional team.
We seek a super star production designer to help build a modern AJAX-intensive web site.
You will spend most of your time developing bullet-proof interactive HTML/CSS pages that use AJAX. Ideally, we’re looking for a strategic coder who can help us to develop a rich user experience with streamlined pages that load really fast and conform to web standards (valid XHTML).
- Experience creating attractive, user-friendly, dynamic web sites
- Comfortable working within established design guidelines
- Detail oriented in application of visual treatments
- Experience with design tools: Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks or equivalent
- Experience with Flash a plus, but not required
- Comfort with short product cycles and small start-up atmosphere
- Fun to work with
About this venture
Torstar Digital is creating a local web 2.0 application that will add a new level of interactivity to finding great places in the city. This venture is a high priority at the company and is being resourced and funded to succeed accordingly.
Be a part of the founding team – send your resume or portfolio link to [email protected]