A book store? Hardly an inspiring place for an ambitious web technologist? Nothing could be further from the truth…
We’re Indigo Books & Music, Canada’s largest books’ retail chain and also one of North America’s leading eCommerce web sites, situated right in the heart of Toronto’s downtown entertainment district. Our online business is expanding rapidly and we urgently need outstanding, creative individuals to help us achieve our goals.
Everything’s going digital these days and so are we. Do you want to be part of this new wave of leading edge technology? Do you want to build the next-generation of beautiful, dynamic user interfaces that can also scale for millions of users? Are you someone for whom every pixel really does matter?
We love Web Standards (no table-based layout dinosaurs here, thank you) and we're proud of our designs, constantly updating our User Experience to stay ahead of the competition. Therefore a true passion for user interface design & development will be essential.
Our ideal candidate:
- is an expert in hand-crafting standards compliant XHTML.
- has a deep understanding of CSS and knows just how to get IE to render that complicated design just like the other browsers.
- has plenty of experience in adding dynamic and interactive features using cross-browser compatible DOM scripting.
- has an active interest in User Interface design and usability.
- knows their way around Photoshop.
- also has a good understanding of ASP.NET, C#, XML, Web Services, SQL Server and the full software development life cycle, all of which will be a distinct advantage.
As the Customer Solutions Group within Indigo Books & Music, we are responsible for providing the technology for the online www.chapters.indigo.ca web site as well as every kiosk installed in the hundreds of Indigo, Chapters & Coles stores throughout Canada. As a member of our development team, you will play a key role in developing the technology to enable the continued growth of our business.
To apply, send your resume to [email protected] and specify â€œAjax & UI Web Developerâ€ in the subject line of the email.