Based in Toronto, Canada we are probably the world's largest independent stock photo agency. With the Masterfile web site selling images around the clock and a collection approaching one million photos, our need for ingenuity has never been higher. When we started thirty ago ago the industry did everything with catalogues, phone calls and slides. Now our challenges are for the most part technological: developing object and data models for the collections we continually license and create, serving high-volume traffic around the globe, protecting intellectual property in a digital age, and tuning our search engine so that it’s user-focussed in 6 languages.
We need a self-respecting Java Developer
with near irreproachable practice of:
- J2SE/J2EE technologies for at least two years
- OOA & OOD using UML
- MySQL / MSSQL
- ERP customization
- O/R mapping
- Java application server clustering
- Frameworks like JPublish
- JDBC, servlet, EJB, UML, XML, RMI, JBoss
- Template languages (Velocity, FreeMarker, etc.)
- Deployment with ANT
- Web standards and basic TCP/IP
- Client and sever-side scripting like BeanShell, JudoScript, JS, etc.
- IntelliJ IDEA
- Create peer-readable code from scratch
- Optimize and refactor existing code bases
- Work with CVS/SVN repositories
- Implement i18n optimally
- Track bugs with a tool like Bugzilla or JIRA
- Able to document knowledge and collaborate on Wikis
Up your alley? Send your rÃ©sumÃ© to [email protected]=. Our offices are at Bloor and Church, so TTC is seconds away, as are hundreds of options for lunch.