We are looking for an immediate contract IA, and to hire an intermediate IA/UX person, which could be the same person.
The Information Architect (IA) is a key member of a multidisciplinary team that develops and improves our client's Web sites. With the right mix of analytical and conceptual skills, the IA helps to plan complex web-based communications into a satisfying user experience. The IA develops informational and functional design documentation in an iterative process, consulting with the entire development team. Maintaining high standards for design, the IA works closely with strategy, creative, and technical teams to ensure that the proposed design meets our client's objectives.
- Contribute to the overall strategic direction and vision of the communication.
- Review and assess best practices, competitive websites, and third-party research.
- Develop business requirement documents, use cases, site maps, wireframes, and functional specifications.
- Present and participate in internal and client design reviews during project development.
- Provide support and act as a resource in implementation stages.
- Assist in the development and implementation any user research or user testing.
- University degree in a computer, information, cognition, or design related field.
- 2+ years experience in information architecture/user experience design.
- Strong research, analytical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Proven experience with user-centered design, Web development concepts, content management and personalization systems.
- Excellent oral, written, and graphic communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with clients and other team members.
- Proficiency with design tools including Visio, Photoshop, and Word.
- Thorough, insightful, and organized.
Email your resume and supporting material to [email protected]
About MacLaren McCann
MacLaren McCann Canada Inc. is a full service, integrated communications company. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of McCann-Erickson WorldGroup, a member of the Interpublic Group of Companies Inc. With a staff of over 600, the agency is now the 3rd largest office McCann has in North America, and 9th in the world. MacLaren has continuously been ranked in the top three agencies in Canada since it began in 1935. Some of our clients include General Motors, Durex Canada, Hanes Canada, Johnson & Johnson, McNeil Consumer Healthcare, Nestle, Intel, Wendy’s Restaurants of Canada Inc., Microsoft and Coca-cola.