Bonasource is a young, energetic technology company that designs and builds great web applications. We have been building custom web applications for 6 years now and in 2006 we have launched our own web product: WildApricot — hosted web service for non-profit organizations. Wild Apricot brings modern web technologies to non-profit organizations so they can achieve more with less hassle and headaches for their staff and volunteers.
- We smartly embrace new technologies and new trends — from AJAX to wikis to Agile to blogging.
- We are strong believers in Usability.
- We take results seriously — while making work fun and enjoyable.
- Conveniently located in downtown Toronto (next to Union station).
The Job: Full-time web copywriter
We are looking to expand our team with a talented web copywriter. This person would be involved in all aspects of copy writing related to product development and marketing for Wild Apricot software product.
You will be involved in writing:
- The perfect wording for Wild Apricot product user interface — short, simple, clear and helpful.
- Compelling copy for Wild Apricot marketing website and blog.
Online help, documentation, FAQ and similar materials for users.
Knowledgebase articles, Whitepapers and similar documents for customers and prospects.
- Content for news releases, email communications, newsletters, ads and other marketing initiatives.
You need to demonstrate:
- Ability to write in simple, warm and friendly manner (as opposed to marketing- or corporate-speak).
- Experience with online copywriting.
- Ability to write sales/marketing copy for various marketing efforts (online and offline).
- Understanding of Search Engine Optimization strategies related to website copywriting is a big plus (writing good headlines, page titles, keywords etc).
- Ability and desire to quickly develop a deep understanding of non-profit industry, needs of our prospects and customers.
- Understanding of Social media and Web 2.0 trends.
- Technology-savvy and ability to explain technology to non-tech-savvy people.
- The ability to generate innovative ideas, brainstorm and visualize projects.
- You are a native English speaker and have a bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or Marketing and experience as a copywriter.
You have proven communication and writing excellence, an exceptional attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple assignments and priorities in dynamic high growth and deadline-driven environment.
You are able to work independently as well as collaborate as a cross-functional team member.
You are proficient in Microsoft Office and advanced in Microsoft Word.
You are able to provide writing samples.
What’s in it for you
- You will be working with an experienced and passionate team on a world-class product. You will help translate our passion and enthusiasm for leveraging great web technology to make people happier and organizations more efficient.
- You will be able to stay abreast with and get first hand experience with current trends in the web world â€” and related marketing.
- You will work in technologically advanced environment â€” we use modern collaboration tools to stay connected and work with clients, and between our two offices (Toronto and Moscow).
- Your remuneration package will be linked in part to your success — so that you can earn more if you bring more value to the company.
Please contact us via email.