Research In Motion Limited (RIM) is a world leader in the mobile communications market and has a history of developing breakthrough wireless solutions. RIM’s portfolio of award-winning products, services and embedded technologies is used by thousands of organizations around the world and includes the BlackBerryÂ® wireless platform, the RIM Wireless Handheldâ„¢ product line, software development tools and software/hardware licensing agreements. RIM is seeking driven individuals who can take our wireless data products to the next level in the global wireless market. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of mobile communications with RIM?
The Senior Product Manager-User Interface will be involved in supporting the Product Management teams on areas focused specifically on User Interface design and requirements for existing products, new products, and new features. The successful candidate will also interact with the R&D/Engineering to drive user interface improvements for BlackBerry Devices. He/she will be comfortable with marketing, product management, technical and customer-facing activities. He/She will be reporting to a senior team member and product management responsibilities will include: future user interface definition, monitoring of user interface related â€œProduct Offering Deliverablesâ€ and working with R&D on meeting required schedules, as well as generating customer/carrier-facing product documentation. The Senior Product Manager will also be involved in supporting BlackBerry Application requirements creation for User Interface improvements including competitive analysis, and extensive interaction with cross functional teams within RIM as well as Carrier Partners and Corporate Customers, as required.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Technical undergraduate and/or business degree is mandatory.
- Ideally 8+ years of progressive experience with a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant (Mobile Device or General User Interface design) experience is strongly recommended.
- Previous experience in managing high technology products ideally in the wireless telecommunication industry is preferred.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple activities simultaneously.
- Experience with wireless handhelds or handsets and specifically their applications and software is highly desired.
- Demonstrated team player as well as strong leadership skills are necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
If you’re driven to take wireless technologies to the next level, it’s time you join the team at RIM. We offer a challenging environment that fosters creativity and rewards excellence. Employees also have use of our award winning BlackBerry!
© 2005 Research In Motion Limited. All rights reserved. The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties of and trademarks or registered trademarks of Research In Motion Limited. The specifications and features contained in this document are subject to change without notice.