Softwood Technology is a company providing commercial fundraising software for non-profit and charitable organizations. With multiple installs and a team that is highly experienced in the non-profit sector and software development, Softwood is poised for rapid growth with a quality product. Softwood seeks a Product Manager to shape and drive the evolution of a progressive, multi-module software product with quality and usability as mission critical goals.
This position blends the following roles:
Product Definition (40%)
- In depth analysis of customers' business issues and functionality requirements to determine current and future product competitiveness.
- Define and own the product release roadmap, including all requests for enhancement and ongoing product requirements.
- Balance demand for new features with available resources to maximize revenue.
- Undertake user analysis to identify client needs and guide product user interface design and information architecture.
- Define and verify product use cases.
- Manage the product life cycle
Product Management (30%)
Working with the sales manager:
- undertake competitive and market analysis to identify product needs and opportunities, and respond to customer requirements
- develop strategic goals, objectives and a thoughtful release program
- perform business planning activities related to products and organize the projects and teams to complete them
- define module packaging and pricing
Sales Support (30%)
- Oversee the creation of effective demonstration tools
- Work with early beta customers (on identifying problem areas, resolution strategies, and implementation plans), turning them into strong reference accounts
- Organize ongoing customer interaction in the form of a user group
- Act as a technical resource to Sales and high level clients
- Provide high level technical support to Sales and clients before, during, and after sales
- Passionate about delivering exceptional, user-friendly products to solve the business problems faced by non-profits.
- Bachelors degree or compensating experience
- Significant experience in product management delivering user-centred software products and services.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills needed for explaining technical issues to non-technical clients
- Business analysis and strategic planning skills
- Able to make independent judgment and/or take independent action
Helpful additional qualifications:
- Have a working knowledge of the non-profit market
- Excellent technical skills including working knowledge of Java, operating systems, databases, and IT infrastructures
We are a small, dedicated and team-oriented software company. We are looking for an individual who can fit our entrepreneurial culture and grow with us.
Send your covering letter and resume to:
* David Smith, CEO*
174 Spadina Ave, Suite 404
Toronto ON M5T 2C2
Email: [email protected]