JOB TITLE: Senior Web Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Enrolment Services (Communication Services)
SALARY RANGE: Level C; $48,152.00 – $57,805.00 Annually
DURATION: 2006-12-11; Ongoing
POSITION STATUS: Full-time ; Budget funded
COMPETITION #: 060512864
CLOSING DATE: 2006-11-10, 4:30 p.m.
Responsible for project management, strategic planning and creative development of VP Students national and international web presence.
Major responsibilities include:
- conducting needs assessments regarding implementation of online communications and interactive initiatives;
- developing strategic plans; analyzing, designing and implementing site;
- facilitating design and content sessions for providers, designers, staff and students;
- coordinating overall design and information flow of VPS web pages, ensuring site interfaces with Student Information System;
- ensuring consistency of language and design;
- developing campaigns to lead students from print publications to website;
- writing scripts, designing and managing databases;
- designing custom graphics and visual interfaces;
- making recommendations on security issues;
- working with Systems staff to evaluate performance of hardware and software;
- hiring, training, evaluating, disciplining and terminating staff;
- acting as team leader and managing complex, long-term projects;
- ensuring day-to-day functionality of website;
- anticipating and resolving problems;
- assessing and debugging projects;
- acting as liaison with Public Affairs to improve usability and functionality of web pages;
- working with Student Systems and ITServices to develop programming interfaces to central data sources;
- developing and implementing website guidelines, standards and templates;
- researching, analyzing and documenting business processes;
- providing reports and recommendations; researching new products and technologies;
- monitoring trends in web development;
- and performing other related duties.
- University degree plus minimum of six years of related experience in Internet communications, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certification as Macromedia Certified Advanced ColdFusion MX Developer preferred.
- Experience in managing a large, production-oriented, high traffic web presence.
- Extensive experience in website design (XHTML, graphics and scripting) and with Microsoft Access and Oracle preferred.
- Experience with FrameMaker (especially FrameMaker MML and MIF) an asset.
- Multimedia experience, such as Flash programming and understanding of technical considerations regarding various multimedia formats (QuickTime, Real, Windows Media).
- Knowledge of browser standards, common plug-ins/helper applications and related design issues.
- Knowledge of dynamic page generation with ColdFusion MX.
- Knowledge of programming approaches and issues, including object-oriented design and security concerns.
- Extensive knowledge of database-driven application development and SQL.
- Knowledge of web server products.
- Knowledge of policies, goals, and mission of the University and VPS.
- Familiarity with Internet protocols and languages, such as ASP, PHP, and XML.
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) design skills required.
- Effective image/photo creating and editing skills with knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Macromedia Fireworks.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Familiarity with both Mac and PC operating systems in a networked environment.
- Effective oral and written communication, interpersonal, organizational, presentation, leadership, management and motivational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment. Ability to prioritize tasks and manage timelines.
To apply, visit http://www.hr.ubc.ca/files/postings/main.html#management.