Join one of Canada's fastest-growing companies. SMART Technologies Inc., the global education market segment leader in interactive whiteboards and group collaboration tools, is looking to hire talented people to further its remarkable growth. Explore the careers at one of Canada's 50 best-managed companies, and find a fast-paced environment that allows your drive and creativity to shine.
SMART is seeking a user-experience specialist to join our product development group. You will be responsible for improving the experience of SMART customers from purchasing the product, to installation, operation and support. You will guide user- and task-centred development methods at all levels of the organization by visiting real customers, watching them use our products and relaying that information to management. You will help prototype and test product ideas before market release, and work collaboratively with development teams.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Researching how SMART customers use our products
- Testing websites remotely to observe how people use our products
- Prototyping and testing desktop software and website interfaces
- Collaborating with industrial designers to prototype and test hardware interfaces
- Collecting and disseminating human-performance research
- Training and leading software and web development teams on different usability methods
- Reporting usability and feature feedback to appropriate development teams
Requirements include the following:
- BSc in human computer interaction, human factors, ergonomics, psychology and computer science, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two or more years' experience as a usability specialist, interaction designer or similar designation in software development, engineering or industrial design roles
- You require good time management and excellent people skills.
- You have strong presentation abilities and report-writing skills.
- Occasional travel may be required.