Sage Software has an immediate opening for a Interaction Designer in our Richmond BC office.
The User Center Design Team at Sage Software / Small Business Division is seeking an experienced Interaction Designer.
The Interaction Designer will be primarily responsible for creating navigation structures and information designs, as well as constructing prototypes, storyboards, and mockups to effectively communicate designs to product management and development. The candidate will also possess the ability to create visual designs for desktop software and transactional Web sites.
The designer role at Sage Software depends greatly on user-centered design research and usability testing to guide their designs. The UCD team at Sage Software / Small Business Division is a developing team. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and creative individual to apply their imagination and design skills to a market-leading product, and to help integrate UCD into the product management and development processes.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Assist product management and feature teams in defining functional interaction requirements specifications.
- Develop mockup / prototype interaction designs, including user interaction models, information architecture, wire frames and screen flows.
- Work with usability specialists to conduct customer studies of mockups, prototypes and existing interfaces; and iterate designs based on usability test results.
- 3 or more years of experience in product development teams working on UI design.
- Experience working with user-centered design/human factors specialists.
- Knowledge of how to best design to solve business and user problems. Ability to translate the needs of customers into designs that help them meet their goals.
- Design fundamentals including information design, visual design, industry UI standards, ease of use best practices.
- Experience with design tools, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, and Dreamweaver, Illustrator and Visual Studio experience is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
About Sage Software
Sage Software offers leading business management software and services that support the needs, challenges and dreams of more than 2.4 million small and mid-sized business customers in North America. Its parent company, The Sage Group plc (London: SGE.L), supports 4.5 million customers worldwide. For more than 25 years, Sage Software has delivered easy-to-use, scalable and customizable software for accounting, customer relationship management, human resources, time tracking and the specialized needs of accounting practices and the construction, distribution, manufacturing, nonprofit and real estate industries. For additional company or product information, please visit our website at www.sagesoftware.com.
We offer competitive wages and an outstanding benefits package. To apply, select â€œApply Nowâ€ and submit your resume.