Reporting to the Marketing Director within the Yahoo! Canada Marketing Department, the Associate Visual Designer is responsible for designing and producing web-based projects (and occasionally print projects) for marketing communication promoting Yahoo! Canada’s products and services to its customers.
You’ll work on multiple projects both large and small online and occasionally in print, including web advertising, web pages, marketing collateral, and direct mail. You will often work with existing creative assets to edit or update them for the Canadian and Quebec market. You will also be responsible for developing and presenting conceptual ideas, and executing the final solutions. You should understand the design issues and objectives of a project, and be able to come up with a design vision that is clean, user-friendly, as well as be able to work within the Yahoo! visual guidelines. You may occasionally participate in user-interface and information architecture initiatives, including some flowcharting and solving interface and navigation problems. You will respond to constructive feedback from the team, other designers, or internal clients, and be able to provide constructive feedback on other projects as well.
- Your experience should include 1-3 years of professional web design experience working for a design firm, advertising agency or in a corporate environment.
- You should have a design degree (BFA/MFA in design) or recognized certificate with formal training in typography and graphic design.
- You should have experience creating marketing and advertising collateral as well as business-to-business and direct mail communications, and be able to work within set budgets and timelines.
- You should possess strong conceptual skills, a meticulous eye for detail and the ability to take responsibility for a project from inception to completion.
- A strong eye for typography and colour combined with a clean, contemporary visual aesthetic should be strongly evident in your portfolio.
- Candidates should have the ability to work independently as well as collaborate in cross-functional teams, and must be organized and efficient.
- A good sense of humour and fun is also a must (all work and no play, etc., etc.)
- Mastery of the following software is mandatory:
- Adobe Photoshop, Adobe ImageReady, Adobe Illustrator and Macromedia Flash.
- The ability to work in Adobe InDesign is a plus.
- You should be able to design web pages that work across multiple browsers, on both Mac and PC platforms.
- You should have a good understanding of HTML and CSS, as well as Flash Actionscript.
- The ability to read and write French is a big plus.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please send your resume to [email protected]
Note that a portfolio of your design work may be requested.
About Yahoo! Canada
Yahoo! Canada Co. is a leading Internet destination that provides online products and services to meet the needs of Canadians. We offer employees a challenging, fun environment with amble opportunities for career and skills advancement.