Masterfile is a Stock Image Agency. We acquire, organize, distribute and license images for commercial use in media ranging from print advertising to websites – a growing world market exceeding $2 billion. Our clients include advertising agencies, designers, publishers, multimedia producers and corporations throughout the world. In the last decade, the web has turned our industry upside-down creating interesting challenges for our web developers.
We are looking to hire an intermediate Web Designer with excellent XHTML and CSS skills and a highly cultivated design sense. The successful candidate has 3 years experience implementing web sites using sound user interface design principles. He or she must also be able to comfortably communicate with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds including Marketing, Systems Development and Business Executives.
Working with the Marketing Specialist, User Experience Designer and developers, the Web Designer is responsible for creating mockups, implementing approved designs, coding from wireframes, and assisting in the localization process.
The role offers opportunity to hone your skills while working with large and complex multilingual Web applications, and the possibility of increased responsibility over time.
- Debugging and optimization of front end code
- Production of web graphics using Photoshop and ImageReady
- Design within brand guidelines in collaboration with the User Experience and Marketing Specialist
- Assist the User Experience Designer with UI production
Skills and Experience
- Expert level standards-compliant markup skills (XHTML, CSS)
- Strong communication and conceptual skills
- Knowledge of translation and localization practices
- Familiarity with a J2EE environment, particularly using Velocity, would be an asset
- Familiarity with CVS and Subversion
- Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative and attention to detail are required
Send your resume and portfolio to [email protected]