Creative Project Manager
The primary functions of this position include project management, client management and team leadership. The Creative Project Manager manages projects to an acceptable level of risk by balancing scope, time, cost and quality, while maintaining a positive environment that promotes individual development and high performance standards.
He/she must have solid problem solving skills, business skills, verbal and written communication skills. The Creative Project Manager must have excellent relationship building skills, as well as strong leadership and team management skills. He/she must have a deep understanding of project management tools and approaches to manage complex, creatively focused projects and the flexibility to lead diverse and dynamic teams to deliver balanced and integrated solutions to our client’s challenging business problems.
In performing the essential functions of this role, the work environment is fast-paced, moderately noisy and team-based. Additionally, frequent overnight travel may be required.
Key Responsibilities include
- Oversees the development and tracking of integrated project plans. Adapts and applies the Sapient delivery approach to meet project objectives and client business drivers. Establishes and maintains project communications.
- Oversees project estimations. Oversees the development of project deliverables. Establishes and maintains processes to manage scope throughout the project lifecycle. Identifies and manages project issues.
- Sets project quality and performance standards. Assesses and manages risk over the project lifecycle. Maintains project tracking and information systems.
- Partners with others to lead teams of 15-25 individuals. Builds and structures project teams to ensure maximum performance. Provides purpose, direction and motivation to team. Clarifies and communicates project objectives and success criteria.
- Ensures key project-wide roles and responsibilities are defined. Ensures the use of best practices and applies lessons learned from previous projects. Ensures a positive, collaborative work environment for the team.
- Mentors and coaches project team members, as appropriate. Manages third-party partner and/or vendor relationships, as necessary.
- Responsible for ongoing client satisfaction. Manages peer-level client relationships (expectations, communications, negotiations, escalation, feedback, etc.). Develops relationships with key client stakeholders and client executives.
- Provides day-to-day project contact for the client.
- Participates in recruitment and hiring activities, including interviewing and conducting hiring exercises for other Creative Project Managers. Manages the career of up to 6 individuals.
- Participates in, and assists with, company events such as training and internal initiatives. Contributes to the ongoing development of the Program Management and Creative Design Domain and community at Sapient.
- Actively shares knowledge and learning from project experiences.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 5+ years project management experience in successfully delivering internet solutions, preferably in a client-service organization;
- Led diverse teams of 10 or more people in dynamic and fast-paced environments; Accountability for budget or client revenue of $3mm or higher;
- 1-2 years of client management experience with primary accountability for peer-level client relationships (preferably at the executive level);
- Experienced multiple full project lifecycles from business development to final delivery;
- Led teams of creative people, including information architects, graphic designers, media developers and copywriters.
- Direct managerial responsibility for 2+ or more individuals;
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project; knowledge of Visio
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role, which include hearing, speaking, typing, and occasionally moving and/or lifting up to 15 pounds.
Sapient, a business innovator, helps clients achieve extraordinary results from their customer relationships, business operations and technology. Leveraging a unique approach, breakthrough thinking and disciplined execution, Sapient leads its industry in delivering the right business results on time and on budget. Sapient works with clients that are driven to make a difference, including BP, Essent Energy, HarrahÃ¢??s Entertainment, Hilton International, Janus, National Institutes of Health (NIH), Nextel Communications, Sony Electronics, the U.S. Marine Corps, and Verizon. Founded in 1991, Sapient is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and operates across North America, Europe and India. More information about Sapient can be found at www.sapient.com.
Please contact: Amanda Schonfeld with resume and work samples