The role of the User Interface/Web Designer is to prototype, design, and build graphic user interfaces (GUIs) for software development, Web forms, and other applications. This includes capturing user requirements through collaboration with business analysts, leading and participating in testing sessions, and coordinating final implementation of the GUI based on feedback. Use of a variety of Web and software development languages is required.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, computer/graphic design, or human-computer interaction, and/or 2-4 years equivalent work experience. (knowledge of the financial services industry is an asset)
- In-depth knowledge of GUI prototyping tools, software design, Web development technologies, and protocols.
- Detailed knowledge of XSLT design, coding and maintenance is a strong asset.
- Proven experience in human-computer interaction and usability analysis.
- Thorough understanding of application development methodologies
- Knowledge of open-source applications such as Apache and Tomcat
- Experience with computer graphic and multimedia design.
- Comprehensive experience with structuring, developing, and implementing software applications and interactive corporate Web sites.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills and a high level of attention to detail
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Canadian Securities Course recommended.