Originally posted on Workopolis
Salary Group 9: $45,281.60- $55,710.20
TVO.ORG is looking for a New Media Specialist I (with a strong background in Coldfusion) on a 7 month contract to March 31, 2007.
The incumbent brainstorms content ideas and develops information architecture. Codes interactive material with a strong emphasis in front-end Coldfusion development. Recommends technology and development tools. Coordinates compilation of digital elements into interactive pieces. Configures server systems to distribute content. Builds data structures and middleware to access interactive content. Configures third party software for online deployment. Tests new software and techniques. Writes technical summaries, creative documents and process reviews. Knowledge of Flash/Flex an asset. May be required to edit and compress digital video and audio. May be required to scan, build, and perform layout of creative visual content.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for creating the front-end Coldfusion code of a given project. Works with project manager and production teams to define ideas visually in wireframes and mock-ups. Works with Systems analyst to develop and design relational database structures. Analyzes and understands project content requirements, and performs regular reviews of graphics and interfaces that have been created. Fully understands New Media and User Centered Design and its application for the needs of a broadcaster presenting itself online. Recommends on use and integration of style sheets. Regularly evaluates and makes recommendations for improvement to existing Interactive Design processes and procedures, and understands global responsibilities common to all Interactive Designers. Performs other directly related duties.
- Must have extensive coding skills in Coldfusion
- Must have 2 to 4 yrs. related work experience in web design/support environment and hands on experience working with all facets of client needs and activities;
- Basic understanding of design and it's impact on the user experience;
- Expertise with HTML and site management; excellent understanding of servers, database connectivity, dynamically generated web content, and site design;
- Proven self-starter with excellent interpersonal, time management and people management skills;
- Strong problem solving, analytical and client service skills;
- Excellent written/oral communication and presentation skills, coupled with the ability to articulate concepts to clients and internal teams;
- Thorough testing abilities across computer platforms and environments;
- Highly motivated, with the ability to work unsupervised and in highly collaborative teams;
- Passionate about the Internet and communications technologies;
- Bilingual in English and French â€“ an asset.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and current rÃ©sumÃ©, through Workopolis by September 15, 2006.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries please.