Ophea is a dynamic not-for-profit organization with a staff of approximately 30 individuals. Ophea exists to support Ontario's school communities through advocacy, quality programs and services, and partnership building in order to enable children and youth to lead active, healthy lives. Services are provided to a variety of individuals including elementary and secondary school teachers, public health professionals, and recreation leaders. Ophea also works closely with provincial government ministries, corporations, and other not-for-profit organizations.
A Web Content Coordinator is required by Ophea to develop, implement and maintain a content management strategy for all Ophea content and websites.
Knowledge (formal education or general knowledge) required
- Post Secondary education in web development, content management, communications or related discipline and 1 to 2 years experience managing content for two or more websites (including developing and managing a content schedule, writing, editing and posting content)
- 1 to 2 years working in a marketing and communications environment
Skills and Experience required
Very strong writing and editing skills with experience writing and editing for a variety of audiences and formats. Ability to organize significant amounts of content and leverage it across multiple sites. Proven content management and project management skills are essential. Strong internet research skills preferred. Experience working with a content management system, Photoshop and developing websites is an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages content for all Ophea web sites
- writes, edits, updates and manages content for all Ophea websites (including ophea.net, activehealthykids.ca, playsport.net, ophea.net/parc, activ8.org, livingschool.ca)
- writes the ophea.net electronic newsletter and distributes using a newsletter tool
- supports, and at time leads, the process for solicitation of new content
- conducts regular quality control audits on all websites ensuring content is accurate and up-to-date.
- Develops and implements a long-term content management strategy for all Ophea content
- takes inventory of current content and makes recommendations regarding leveraging content across Ophea websites
- looks for gaps in current content inventory and makes recommendations regarding the gathering and/or development of new content
- Manages and coordinates ongoing evaluation of Ophea websites
- conducts web needs assessments (e.g., HTML email compatibility, usability testing etc)
- oversees the tracking and analysis of all web-based activity and reports on website statistics (e.g., traffic, click-through rates)
- Conducts internet-based research
- researches market trends, grant opportunities, company profiles etc.
- conducts ad hoc internet searches upon request
- Supports marketing and communications activities
- proofreads and edits print materials as needed
- provides input into the development of web-based marketing and communications strategies to complement off-line marketing and communications activities
- Provides input into the department and organization's planning process.
- provides input into budgetary considerations for web based activities
- attends and provides input at department meetings
- attends and participates on various implementation teams within the organization as required
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Please forward your resume no later than September 15, 2006 to:
Ophea (Ontario Physical and Health Education Association)
1185 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 501
North York, Ontario M3C 3C6
Fax: (416) 426-7373
e-mail: [email protected]
Please note: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted