Org Marketing Statement
Export Development Canada (EDC) provides financing and insurance to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC helps 7,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. EDC is financially self-sustaining and is a recognized leader in financial reporting, economic analysis and human resource management. We offer the largest pool of trade finance specialists in Canada.
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Department Marketing Statement
The Usability Analyst directly reports to the Senior Usability Analyst and is a member of the Applications Services Business Development Team. They will also be a part of a project team when completing their usability assignments. The Usability Analysts produce the User Interface deliverables to meet the requirements of the business while adhering to project plans, IT and UI standards and guidelines, best practices and corporate policies. The resulting system applications service both internal and external users. These Analysts work hand in hand with the business to understand the user needs and the intended audiences to develop the specifications and design to meet the usability requirements of the solution.
- Complete all assigned usability work as per the project plan and as per the methodology following the process steps to produce the assigned artifacts while adhering to IT and UI design principles and standards. (Completing the analysis, UI design and developing prototypes)
- Complete UI audits of existing applications and produce reports with the recommendations to improve the usability of these applications.
- Provide advice/consultation and guidance to the Business, to ITBS and to the technical development teams to achieve the ultimate usability design of the business solution.
- Project communications status as per the process and project milestones. Accountable for managing issue escalation and resolution in an efficient and in a timely manner.
- Promotion and education of the importance of UI for EDC to adopt these standards during the analysis, design and development lifecycle.
- Continuous self education on new and emerging UI technologies/toolsets and trends and how to best apply them at EDC.
- Relevant Degree or diploma in the area of UI design and cognitive science techniques
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience
- Demonstrated influencing and issue resolution abilities
- Good customer insight to understand and interpret the needs of both external and internal clients
- High level of adaptability to changing environment
- Security Level to be determined
- Ability to communicate in both official languages
- Three to four years of experience and knowledge;
- Application of development methodologies (SDLC) â€“ the process and the steps
- Human behavior interface design concepts
- Change management process
- Requirements analysis and technical design methods
- User interface construction experience
- Hands on experience with following methods/toolsets
- GUI design principles
- Web application design practices
- Testing techniques and tools
How To Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to go through the application process on www.edc.ca/careers on or before September 12, 2006.
(15 months Temporary assignment)
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If selected, please advise us if you require special accommodation for your interview.