|Position:||Full-time, contract position.|
|Contract length:||4 weeks with renewals|
Digital Means is a Toronto-based company dedicated to leveraging the power of digital communications to help clients improve results and drive down costs.
Our team is a diverse and interdisciplinary group of Marketers, Business Analysts, Creative Designers, Graphic Designers, CSS coders, QA and Sales people. Much of the work we do supports our parent company – Brookfield Asset Management – and now we need a few amazing guns for hire to complete new work that we’ve landed for a Fortune 500 client. It’s an exciting and busy time in our offices and we’re looking for some energetic, talented people to join us.
1-2 years experience in Information Architecture and / or User Experience Design. Experience with search engine optimization a must.
Key responsibilities include:
- Site mapping and wireframing
- Usability best practices including heuristic evaluations
- Navigation design
- Content analysis
- Paper prototyping
- Familiarity Viso, Graffle, Illustrator or Photoshop
- SEO techniques including optimization for Google, MSN and Yahoo a must
- Providing accurate time estimates for project and work request tasks
- Contributing to detailed functional specification documents
- Meeting with clients, sales and BA staff to gather requirements
The requirements for this position are:
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in the Information Architecture and / or User Experience Design
- A Bachelors degree or Masters degree in Information Architecture, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Information Design, Library Science, Cognitive Psychology, Graphic Design or Computer Science. Equivalent professional experience will also be considered.
- Experience developing for multiple browsers on both Mac and PC (IE/Firefox/Safari)
- Good understanding of GUI design, Web usability and user-centered design
- Willingness to stay on top of the latest technologies and to continue to build upon current skill set.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work within the creative team
- Good time management skills
- Capable of working under pressure on multiple projects to meet strict deadlines
- Capable of working in a team environment, as well as independently
- Very customer service focused
Send your resume and sample sites to [email protected]