Work with the best minds in the business.
Online retail is all about creating a good customer experience. At Novator, we like to practice what we preach. We want our employees to have a great experience too. It’s important to us to attract the best people. It’s how we stay ahead of the competition – and get to work with the best clients in the industry.
We offer a flexible, relaxed work environment, challenging projects with brand-name clients and a few nice little perks to show our appreciation for our employees’ part in our success (free on-site massage comes to mind).
At Novator, you’ll work hard. You’ll hang out with smart people. You’ll definitely learn a lot. And you’ll have a great time doing it.
|Reports To:||Creative Director|
|Number of positions:||1|
- Degree or diploma in one of Computer Science, Human Factors, HCI, Graphic Design, Interface Design, Multimedia Design or Applied Arts plus experience in one or more of the other fields
- Proven experience in the planning, layout and design of user interfaces for Web applications or software for e-commerce, online banking, data warehousing, collaboration, customer service, content management or a similar interactive product.
- Must have excellent visual design skills and an eye for consistency and aesthetics.
- Must have superior knowledge of information architecture, usability, interactive applications and Web functionality.
- Technical literacy and previous exposure to
application development, software engineering, database administration and/or programming is preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visio is a plus. The ability to design sample screens and static prototypes in Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop is also a plus.
- This position requires excellent communication, organization and document management skills, plus the ability to work with diverse design and development professionals.
- Design and document highly usable and efficient interfaces for new modules of a major Web-based e-commerce software product with precise sensitivity to best design practices, consistency with existing modules and style guides, ease of use, feasibility of implementation, overall product vision and customer requirements.
- Understand complex technical application features such as localization, inheritance, database management, transaction management and collaborative workflow â€“ and then transform them into simple, elegant, beautiful interface solutions.
- Manage and maintain the UI Binder, ensuring that the complete collection of user interface specifications is internally consistent, up-to-date, and reflective of any changes caused by shifts in product direction, functional requirements, developmental feasibility or customer requests.
- Communicate with the software engineering and project management teams to stay informed of major technical or architectural directions that may impact the design, implementation or priority of current or future user interfaces.
- Assist the Associate Creative Director in setting consistent design standards and styles for the product interface, monitoring the implementation of the UI by the software teams, and promoting the value of a world-class interface to internal and external stakeholders.
Qualified candidates may apply by emailing us at [email protected]
We would like to thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No agencies please
- No phone calls please