Originally posted on Craigslist
CAST is presently seeking an exceptional Web/E-Business Architect to help us take our existing Web-site and E-Business systems to the â€œnext levelâ€.
CAST develops, markets, and sells 3D CAD/VizSim applications â€“ wysiwyg and Vivien â€“ customized for the Entertainment Lighting and the Special Event Production markets.
Our web site, www.cast-soft.com, is a primary customer contact point for our sales and marketing activities, and since our customers are artists, it needs to look great. It also needs to drive sales. That means it needs to be fully integrated with our Customer Relationship Management system (SugarCRM), Technical Support, and application delivery and licensing systems.
We need you to help us achieve this seamless integration, taking our current system to the â€œnext levelâ€.
In turn, you can look forward to the opportunity of exercising your full creative potential, rapidly growing into a technological leadership position, all in the context of a unique and exciting company and product space.
To start with, you'll rapidly assimilate our current Web/E-Business system architecture â€“ including our web-site, CRM and Tech Support systems, and our software licensing mechanisms (CrypKey and SafeNet dongles).
You'll then drive a thorough requirements elicitation project, producing a clear articulation of the requirements for our new, fully integrated Web/E-Business system. As domain expert, you'll have asked all of the right questions, and taken responsibility for getting the answers you need.
From there, you'll produce and manage a multi-phase project plan and deliver the new system. We'll be looking to you to build and manage the team you need to get the job done â€“ within budgetary constraints, of course. You should be willing and able to roll up your sleeves and do some of the â€œdirty workâ€, if need be.
In the longer term, you'll continue to â€œownâ€ the Web/E-Business system, but you'll also grow to play an integral role in the definition and development of new, network-centric, revenue generating features and products. We already have a few ideas up our sleeves, but we'll be looking to you to bring new ideas to the table based on the unique expertise you'll bring to our team.
- Owns and sponsors all internal and external company Web/E-Business efforts; Leads and acts as a key contributor to client department teams, chairing meetings, facilitating needs identification, promoting the effective use of information technology solutions and Web applications to maximize efficiency.
- Translates business strategy into technical vision and strategy, while at the same time influences business strategy by articulating Web/E-Business market trends; Works closely with ISP, Web Developers, users and management in the various business units to define, plan and promote web-based initiatives.
- Designs, develops, and communicates Web Site architecture, usage, development, and security policies for all Web Developers (internal and external); Leads Web and Eâ€“Business development initiatives, ensuring all new initiatives meet company requirements before implementing.
- Guides and project manages the development of entire Web/E-Business solutions toward meeting organizational objectives; Leads the creation, publishing, maintenance, and monitoring of Web and E-Business development â€œcontentâ€ and â€œplansâ€, including standards, procedures, and guidelines.
- Understands and communicates the technical capabilities and limitations for current company Web/E-Business; Maintains an extensive knowledge of the company's Web/E-Business systems as a whole, pertinent technologies, and development processes.
- Plays an integral role in the planning process to ensure an appropriate balance is struck between short-term and long-term product and Web/E-Business development goals; Evaluates and incorporates emerging technologies and industry best practices and publishes technology strategy, white paper reports, and articles when necessary.
- Leads all database administration efforts; Works with Web Developers/ISP staff to ensure data between Websites and databases are integrated and synchronized.
- Acts as a liaison between IT and business units in developing web-based applications; Works with IT operations and development teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues relating to Web and E-Business sites.
- Monitors and reports on Website traffic, usage and performance.
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, related field or the equivalent, coupled with relevant, ongoing education and experience in web based design, programming, security, technology, and business applications.
- At least 5 years experience implementing Web/E-Business systems, with an applications development background.
- At least 2 years experience as a Web/E-Business Architect or Senior Web/Network Developer constructing, architecting, and supporting E-Business solutions.
- A visionary and strong entrepreneurial spirit, a self-starter, ambitious and driven.
- Creative, investigative, practical/pragmatic, and insightful
- Reasons through complex written and spoken information
- Tolerant of ambiguity, willing to backtrack, and seek multiple solutions
- Able to see from and sell to multiple viewpoints, confident and articulate
- High emotional intellect and ability to thrive in team environments
- Outstanding organizational and English communication abilities
- Strong software analysis and design capabilities, expert in abstract level thought, object/pattern/component design, refactoring, multi-threading, client-server and internet-based design models
- Strong technical understanding of Web security technology and best practices
- Strong understanding of network technology and services in Linux, and Windows
- Experience in developing web site architecture and design applications to improve usability and navigation
- Understanding of multiple software development process models (eg â€“ Waterfall, XP, Scrum) is a plus
Since 1994, CAST develops, markets, and sells the most advanced computer software programs for planning and 3D pre-visualization of entertainment lighting productions: wysiwyg for the entertainment industry, and Vivien for the meetings and special events industry.
A pioneer in the field of entertainment lighting planning and 3D pre-visualization, wysiwyg was launched in 1994. wysiwyg is used around the world for such prestigious events as the opening and closing ceremonies of numerous Olympic Games, the Queen's Jubilee at Buckingham Palace, Cirque du Soleil's Delerium production, rock concerts by U2, Elton John, and others. Large theatrical venues, such as the Royal Opera House (Covent Garden) and the new Toronto Opera House rely on wysiwyg, as did major film productions, such as Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Spiderman, X-Men and Charlie and the Chocolate factory, plus many more. For these successes, wysiwyg has won multiple Gemini and Emmy Awards.
In April 2005, in response to requests from professionals in the meetings and special events community, CAST released Vivien after 2+ years of research and software engineering. While Vivien shares many qualities with wysiwyg, the most important distinction is that Vivien focuses on the whole venue in a static sense whereas wysiwyg deals with stage lighting design and moving scenery. Both wysiwyg and Vivien provide simplified CAD tools to plot or lay out a floor space or lighting plan, present wireframe and 3D virtual views of these plans, and then also deliver photorealistic 3D renderings of these drawings. Vivien is more conceptual whereas wysiwyg is more detailed. Both programs have the ringing endorsement of their End Users. Indeed, many wysiwyg End Users are lighting designers who work in both the entertainment and event industries, two markets that are closely aligned.
For more information on CAST Software, check out our web site at www.cast-soft.com.
Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]