Link to this URL : http://jobs.tucows.com/altid4.cgi?ID=257
[Exe-2006-08-11-257] Marketing Manager, Communications – Toronto
Position reports to Vice President Marketing
Establish Tucows as a thought leader in the Internet services industry/community. You will also be responsible for most of the non-product-specific communication and marketing done by Tucows. This includes community relations & outreach, media relations, investor relations, and event management.
- Chief Blogger – Oversee all blogging, podcasts, forums, mailing lists, white papers, and other community-based communication channels. Assist in determining community strategy, helping Tucows staff in role as bloggers and community participants, dealing with issues that arise within the community. Active blogging on company's behalf.
- Content Creator & Manager â€“ Creation and management of all non-product web site content. You effectively â€œownâ€ the information on the web site in terms of accuracy, compellingness, quality, integration with overall strategy, etc. Includes home page, all â€œaboutâ€ areas, general service information, etc. Also responsible for corporate domain portfolio (managing all domains used for marketing and internal purposes).
- Media Relations â€“ React to requests by the media, deal with public relations issues, and assist in crisis management as they arise. Proactively look for media opportunities to highlight Tucows products and our position as thought leaders in the industry and on Internet matters in general. Includes preparing press releases.
- Investor Relations â€“ Oversee web content, press releases and other material related to earnings and investor relations issues. Manage the investor relations functions on the web site.
- Event Organizer â€“ Plan and coordinate Tucows' presence at industry events and/or company-specific events. Look for speaking opportunities and manage speaking requests.
Ideal Candidate Profile
Related experience / Unique skill set
- Must be an active blogger â€“ must provide the URL for their blog as part of screening
- Experience managing content needs of large sites (particularly corporate sites) a strong asset.
- Experience in media and/or investor relations is an asset but not required.
- At least 3 years experience in Internet marketing or closely related experience.
- University Degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or equivalent strongly preferred
- Exceptional writing and communications skills â€“ you are often called on to be the voice of the company.
- Outstanding inter-personal skills and ability to remain calm and focused in high-pressure situations.
- This role reports to the VP, Marketing and together you will collaborate on overall communications strategy. You'll then have a great deal of independence in determining your own course of action in achieving your goals.
- Your demonstrated ability to be self-directed and proactive will be key to your success.
Please forward your cover letter and resume with “Marketing Manager, Communications” in the subject line.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to [email protected] and refer to
[Exe-2006-08-11-257] Marketing Manager, Communications in the subject line.
If you are applying for any other opportunitites with Tucows, please submit your resume to [email protected]