Division: IDEAS group within SIMS division at UHN.
Remuneration: $41,000 to $47,000 pending qualifications and experience.
Location: Downtown Toronto (Yonge / University / College / Dundas area)
The Web Developer, Corporate Intranet position offers broad exposure to the hospital environment as well as to current IT and Internet technologies.
- Content management for large Intranet;
- Update and maintain Intranet sites;
- Application development, support, and maintenance;
- Complete work as scheduled by design/content lead.
- 1-2 years experience designing and maintaining web sites;
- Excellent oral/written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, organizational, and analytical skills;
- Working knowledge of .NET using C# or VB, and ASP with VBScript;
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Macromedia Contribute, Macromedia Fireworks, Macromedia Flash, Adobe Photoshop, and Microsoft Office;
- Experience working with applications using Java, XML, XSL, MS SQL Server, and Oracle.
- Ability to effectively manage content update and site requests;
- Ability to manage several projects/tasks at one time, support project team members, work both independently and as part of a team, and meet deadlines;
- Exposure to usability concepts, Web standards compliance, protocols, and basic accessibility issues;
- Experience writing and editing content for the web;
- Solid video and audio optimization skills;
- Willing to keep up to date with developments in technology and methodologies
- Experience training users and contributors in various web design tools and methodologies;
- Experience in web development for different platforms and browsers;
- Knowledge of application and web security concepts.
Interested candidates are advised to apply by September 15, 2006 at 5:00 pm.
Resume Format Note: If you apply, you will be asked to copy and paste a ‘text only’ version of your resume into the box provided. After you have completed the online application form and after you hit ‘Submit’ you will be invited to attach one or two files to your application. Please make one of these attached files, your formatted resume in .pdf or .rtf or .doc format.