Ambient’s building a direct-to-consumer mobile service. There are a lot of similarities here with online marketing, and so the ideal candidate is someone who’s been working in this space for a while. We need someone who understands online marketing, how to use blogs and social networks as ways to seed a marketing message, and wants to take on the challenge of building and positioning a brand in the global mobile market. It’s a big role, but would be terrific for someone with the right background, looking for a great challenge.
- Build a consumer-facing brand online.
- Build a global audience of mobile subscribers.
- Partner globally with carriers, advertisers, other online
properties, handset vendors, etc. to do so.
- Foster the success of the business via efficiently managing all
aspects of the marketing mix.
- Build brand awareness and meaning within the relevant target,
acquire customers, promote trial, retain customers and maximize
- Manage all partnership and agency relationships (ad agency, PR
agency, media buying agency, distribution and promotional partners
- Monitor and manage against agreed to critical success factors.
- Work as a key member of the management team.
- Recruit, manage and retain team members as required.
- Bias to execute: Ability to move from high-level strategy to lower-
level execution and back, and thrive on it.
- Experience Internet/interactive marketing and major interactive/ad
- Needs to get blogging, social networks, content sharing (Flickr,
- Minimum 5 years of increasing experience in a consumer marketing
role, preferably in a technology or internet based company.
- Passionate about technology and customer experience.
- Comfortable in a fast moving start-up environment.
Send email to [email protected] with subject “Marketing Lead”.