Ambient Vector is looking for a senior technical leader to drive system architecture and implementation. We’re building a mobile content platform that’s got to be able to store, publish, convert and serve terabytes of media. We deal with all the complexities of Internet applications, mobile applications, mobile messaging applications, and even some interesting voice applications… there are a tonne of interesting, hard problems to solve for the right person.
The right person for this position should have at least 5 years of
hands on experience in shipping commercial products. Experience with developing for Internet or mobile handset platforms is a definite plus. Must have experience with high level server applications as well as low level operating systems. Ability to deliver products and to innovate within short timeframes is a must.
- Design and implement a large-scale, scalable Internet and mobile
- Help drive the technology vision and architecture forward,
recognizing the pace of change in the internet and mobile landscape.
- Design and implement systems architecture (need to want to roll up your sleeves).
- Perform analysis and make recommendations that affect critical
technical initiatives for customer-facing products.
- Lead other engineers through code reviews, internal infrastructure, and process enhancements.
- Strong technical skills, track record of strong coding and
individual technical accomplishments, and strong academic record.
- Software systems background, Internet a plus.
- Entrepreneurial drive, demonstrated ability to achieve stretch
goals in an innovative and fast paced environment.
- Experience should cover the complete software development
lifecycle, from requirements definition through implementation and
- Strong knowledge of application servers, networked applications,
operating systems and kernels.
- Strong project-management skills.
- Proven track record for product delivery.
- Able to fit in well within an informal startup environment.
- Experience working in UNIX/Linux environments.
- MS CS or Computer Engineering preferred (PhD, a plus).
Nice to have experience (in order)
- Worked on large scale internet applications.
- Developed applications that deal with various wireless networks,
and multiple handsets.
- Should ideally have experience with the idiosyncrasies of handsets.
- J2ME, Symbian, BREW, embedded Linux and other mobile platforms.
- Mobile markup languages such as cHTML, xHTML, and WAP.
- Handsets/operators in the US, Europe and Asia.
- Online e-commerce systems.
- Telco billing systems.
Apply to [email protected]