Organic is looking for exceptional talent.
We are a leading digital marketing agency. We design and build exceptional interactive experiences for clients such as DaimlerChrysler, Sprint, 20th Century Fox, and Bank of America. Organics love to solve strategic problems, think creatively and holistically, have a can-do attitude with great follow-through, find inspiration by working together, and know that integrity is at the heart of exceptional work. We have a great team of people who like to balance hard work with fun; every office offers a casual working environment, lots of cool projects and end of the week cocktail parties.
If Organic sounds like the kind of place you’d like to work, we’d love to hear from you! We are currently accepting resumes for the following position:
An Interface Engineer (IE) is an application programmer responsible for developing the interface components of complex web applications. The Interface Engineer works cooperatively with the creative department to translate visual designs, user experience flows and content into functional interfaces for client projects. The IE authors application logic to implement client side functionality in multi-tier applications. The IE is an expert in site structure and content management optimizing web applications for maintenance, operation and quality. The IE works closely with members of the creative team and other engineers to implement and optimize rich media and dynamic site experiences. IEs typically join a project team during the Discovery phase of the project to assist in the development of Engineering Requirements. The IE works closely with the creative team and other engineers to determine browser or other client side technology recommendations and guidelines during the planning phase. As projects move beyond the planning phase the IE develops and tests client side interface implementations and tests these implementations for conformance to creative and engineering specifications as appropriate.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent work experience.
- 1 year experience in a digital production environment.
- 1 year experience with application-server template scripting is desired; JSP, ASP/VBScript, ATG Dynamo, IBM WebSphere, and BEA WebLogic are preferred.
- 1 year experience with Shockwave, Flash, SMIL, Real Audio/Video and other rich media applications and protocols.
- Knowledge of Macintosh and Windows operating systems and associated browsers, applications and utilities.
- Experience with either content management systems, search engines, personalization engines or community tools including selection, configuration and deployment.
- Experience with version control, issue tracking, and build/release management is desired; PVCS Dimensions is preferred.
- Ability to perform within a highly parallel, task/module oriented project team.
- Experience authoring formal specifications and related documents.
- Ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality, and within budget.
- Experience in participating in multiple consulting or development engagements in parallel.
- Ability to deliver full life cycle engagements.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a high-pressure, client-services driven environment.
- Delivering project assignments on time and within budget, and with high quality.
- Develop client side interfaces using HTML/DHTML, JSP, ASP, Shockwave, Flash and others as required.
- Designing and developing the Template Architecture, and other relevant portions of the Engineering Architecture and Engineering Technical Specifications.
- Writing technical specifications as required, meeting the objectives of functional specifications. Specifically, identifying specific interfaces, methods, parameters, procedures or functions as required.
- Assisting the Project Engineer in the development of the functional specification of client projects.
- Working collaboratively with the creative staff to decide interface implementation details and rich media interfaces.
- Working with the creative team to verify designs are web safe.
- Assisting in the development of the Engineering Architecture Quality Assurance Plan, Deployment Guide, Operations Guide and Engineering Technology assessments as appropriate.
- Participating in the implementation of Engineering group development methodologies.
- Perform unit testing on all modules.
- Participating in code reviews.
- Tracking and reporting on all personal tasks and time