Tucows is a wholesale Internet services provider offering domains, blogware, managed DNS, email and digital certificates to thousands of ISPs and web hosting companies around the world.
At Tucows, we have given serious thought to who we are as a company, what our goals are and how we are going to get there. We have made a commitment to the principles that guide our everyday decisions. We work as a team. Our success is the sum of all our efforts. We strive to exceed our customers’ expectations. We enhance Tucows’ reputation by delivering the highest quality standards in every aspect of our business. We know it is our people that make this happen. We have great people, with different skills and work experiences.
The successful incumbent will report to the Development Manager and be responsible for the following:
As an Integration Engineer you will join a team of developers to work on creating new and/or customizing existing user interface, and integration with the underlying back-end components using Perl, JSP including Tag Libs. The candidate will also be required to work on support/maintenance of an existing web application and resolved issues raised by the customers. Additional projects and duties such as packaging/testing/deploying the application in the live environment may be assigned as required.
- Develop and maintain software components of a large scale hosted messaging platform
- Work with software suppliers to package and configure their software for deployment into a highly available production environment
- Software support of the production environment
- Contribute to an ongoing process of improvement in all facets of software development and production deployment
Qualified applicants must possess the following:
- Hands-on experience with development and integration on Perl based applications, including but not limited to user interface design and development
- Reasonable understanding of Java and related technologies. Hands-on experience with JSP based user interface development is a definite plus
- Understanding of RPM building and experience with packaging applications
- Must be able create Sun/Solaris and Linux based environments for testing and development purposes. Must have prior experience with deploying and configuring applications running in both Unix and Linux environment
- Familiarity with performance management techniques, both from Systems and Applications perspectives
- Experience working in a server development environment preferably with large scale digital messaging Experience working with messaging and web protocols and languages- SMTP, POP3, IMAP4, LDAP, HTTP, WML, HTML
- Excellent UNIX skills, especially Solaris, Red Hat Linux (and preferably also HPUX) to system administrator level.
- Experience with software development and test processes.
- Familiarity with process implementation and improvement.
- 3+ years professional experience in C &/or Java plus shell scripting and Perl
- Experienced at software integration and deploying software application in a hosted environment.
- Ability to work on their own and motivate others
- Experienced at diagnosing real-time issues in a live environment
- Able to provide on call support as required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- Any other awards and /or diplomas is a plus
- Good overall communication skills (verbal and written)
- Knowledge sharing among peers
- Conflict resolution skills
- A good motivated team player
- Positive and constructive attitude
Interested applicants should email a Word-formatted resume, referencing “INTEGRATION ENGINEER” in the email subject line, to [email protected], please do not apply online.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.